Sweet soup? And that too with tomatoes and tapioca pearls? Am I joking? It must be horrible or not a soup actually. It has every potential to consider it as just like any other sweet dish but is it worth to make just for the sake of having a bowl of soup at home? May not be for you but honestly, it has every quality to be considered as best ever eaten soup.
Check some other soups – tomato soup with momos chutney, green bean soup, patta gobi soup or cabbage soup, thick mixed veg soup, butter carrot soup, hot and sour tomato soup, mixed veg soup, crispy veg soup, beet root soup, green spinach soup etc.
Believe me, this week was not for this soup rather I wanted to make something spicy in mushroom. But last week I went to buy mushroom in a big store and I picked two mushroom’s packets for Rs 95 as they are offering to buy one get one free. But while making a payment they told me that there was no offer at that point. So I had to pay Rs 95 for just one packet of mushroom and that is too costly. I still can remember in Delhi, I used to buy mushroom of the same size of a packet for only Rs 20. But here I had no option as no other store are selling mushroom. I could return that packet too but do not know why I didn’t. LOST money!
And for all those reasons this week no mushroom is being purchased, so I tried this sweet soup and it was awesome.
All you need to make this sweet soup are tomatoes, tapioca pearls, sun dried mango pulp, cashew nuts, sugar, salt, oil and spices (ginger, saunf, cumin powder and roasted coriander powder). It won’t be so thick or smooth if you prefer smooth and thin soup then you can go ahead and adjust with extra water. Blend tomatoes properly in a mixer grinder and remove seeds before blending.
Sweet soup with tapioca pearls recipe
- Tomatoes /tamatar - 2 medium size
- Tapioca pearls / sabudana - ¼ cup
- Ginger / adrak - 2 tsp, paste
- Saunf - 1.5 tsp
- Sun dried mango pulp / aam papad - 20 gm
- Cumin / jeera powder - ½ tsp
- Roasted coriander / bhuna dhania powder - 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts - 7-8 pieces, crushed
- Raisins / kishmish - 18-20 pieces, optional
- Sugar - 4 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1.5 tbsp
- Water - 2.5 cups
- Soak tapioca pearls in water for 4-5 hours and mashed roughly
- Boil tomatoes for 5 minutes and peel off its skin, remove seeds and blend in mixer grinder to make smooth puree
- Heat oil in a wok and add ginger paste and fry for 2 minutes
- Now add saunf, cumin powder, roasted coriander powder, cashew nuts one by one and saute
- Add tomato puree and fry for another few minutes till it releases oil and add salt too
- Pour water and let it start boiling and then add sun dried mango pulp, mashed tapioca pearls, raisins and boil for another few minutes
- Now add sugar and cook for another 3 minutes and DONE!
Do you like soup then check here for some more delicious soups. Try some more dishes – kadai paneer with gravy, paneer butter masala, yummy paneer masala, paneer bhurjee, misal pav, dahi vada etc.