Pea pancakes! If you are thinking it would be green colored then you are wrong because these pancakes are made with white peas instead of green peas. Normally people use green peas to make it but the taste of white pea pancakes are absolutely different. I did not find anything to hate this pancakes.
As I have mentioned in my earlier posts that pancakes are not something that I used to eat since my childhood but still I like this awesome food. And it often finds a place in my breakfast menu and also sometimes in evening snack menu. I never get bored with pancakes because there are so many options in this and a lot of scopes to do experiments to have something awesome for me.
Though I ate pancakes first time in 2014 but within last few years I have tasted a lot of pancakes and also did experiments to make best pancakes for me, I mean something that will be super delicious according to me. I also tried meat pancakes but I did not like that. So now I try to have only non-meat pancakes with or without eggs.
I made this awesome pancakes just before the day of Makar Sankranti. I knew that next day I will eat a lot of Indian cake (pithe) and rice pudding (payes), so I did not try enough pancakes as it is already topped with a lot of cheese & butter. So I ate only two white pea pancakes. Otherwise, I was ready to fill my stomach with some more pancakes.
Check some traditional Bengali street foods: Ghati garom, Bengali style phuchka/panipuri/golgappa, muri mixture popular street food but often tried as homemade snack, very famous street food jhaal muri
Simple white pea pancakes recipe
- 1 cup white peas
- 1 small potato
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour/maida
- 1 egg
- Water as needed to make batter
- salt as needed
- 2 tbsp oil for frying pancakes
- ½ cup grated cheese
- ½ tbsp butter
- Pressure cook white peas & potatoes till 5 whistles and wait till next 1-2 hours without releasing pressure from cooker
- Now put boiled white peas & boiled potatoes in blender and blend those together to make smooth puree
- Mix all ingredients (potato & white peas puree, all purpose flour, egg, salt & little water) to make smooth pancakes mixture, do not make it too thin or too thick
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a cooking pan and then add one full spoon of pancake mixture to pan and flattened to give circular shape
- Cook pancakes both sides and then spread grated cheese & melted butter over hot pancakes and serve