Watermelon is one of the juiciest summer fruits and very sweet & healthy fruit too. It is often used to make various drinks & desserts too. Watermelon ice cream is one of those desserts. You may love perfectly frozen watermelon ice cream but I prefer semi-frozen one.
Scroll down to see watermelon ice cream recipe …
Here fresh cream is not dominating over other ingredients. So you may consider it as a dessert, I mean some people may not consider it as traditional ice cream but its taste is really awesome and I love to enjoy this as a very special summer ice cream. You probably never find such ice cream is offered by any restaurants, so you have to try this at home, I mean if you really want to make your summer more enjoyable.
In case if you find any local restaurant (nearby your residence or anywhere your visited recently) is offering any kind of watermelon ice cream then you can share your experience with other readers (I mean food lovers like you, haha) by leaving a comment below. Though I have not tried any watermelon ice cream but I find myself blessed to have this at my own place and that too without any hassle. In case you want something perfectly frozen then you may need to wait some more time. But for me this semi-frozen water melon ice cream was perfect. I just need a spoon and take a large portion of ice cream and put it in my mouth without wasting time.
But whenever I am running out of time then I prefer to have watermelon smoothie instead of such ice cream. But otherwise, this water melon ice cream is really unbeatable. Super Delicious & Smarter One!
Also read this: Watermelon mocktail for summer days
Watermelon ice cream recipe
- 1.5 cup watermelon pieces
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 1 tbsp sugar or ½ tbsp honey
- Remove watermelon seeds from watermelon pieces and take all pieces in a blender
- Now add yogurt, fresh cream and sugar (or honey) and blend to make a smooth puree
- Take all puree in a large bowl and keep it in a freezer for one hour
- Now take out watermelon ice cream and stir it and again keep it in the freezer for another one hour
- Again take it out of the freezer and stir it with a hand-held blender and again keep it in the freezer for 3-4 hour
- Now serve it with additional watermelon pieces