Soup is always favorite of mine, particularly this vegetable clear soup. If you are not an expert cook but still you want to make vegetable soup at your home then do not worry because this is such a soup what anybody can make effortlessly. You do not need to follow tens of steps or process, you do not need to bother about ingredients.
I make this soup with all vegetables available at the time of cooking and of-course those which will work with this super delicious and simple mixed vegetable clear soup. So even you can make this vegetable clear soup with all your favorite vegetables. Onion, ginger and black pepper are used as spices along with all other vegetables. More interestingly here butter is used to fry all vegetables to create special taste in this soup but if you want to avoid butter then you can do this, even I sometimes made it with sunflower oil.
If you are true soup lover and often want to try new vegetarian soups at your place then you can try these soups too – crispy vegetable soup, creamy mixed veg soup, thick mixed veg soup, delicious mix veg soup etc.
Vegetable clear soup recipe
- Carrot/ gajar - 100 gm, cut into small pieces
- Capsicum / shimla mirch - 1 medium size, chopped
- Potato/aloo - 1 medium size, cut into small pieces
- Green beans - 4-5 pieces, cut into small ½ inch pieces
- Onion/ pyaz - 1 large size, chopped
- Ginger/adrak - 1 inch, cut into small pieces
- Green chili / hara mirch - 2 pieces, cut into small pieces
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Vegetable stock - 2.5-3 cups
- Salt - as needed
- Lemon juice - 1.5 tsp
- Butter - as needed to fry
- Wash all vegetables and cut into pieces as needed, now heat butter in cooking pan and add all vegetables
- Fry those for 3-4 minutes and spread pinch of black pepper powder and salt then mix it with all vegetables
- Now spread lemon juice too and cook for another one minute
- Then pour vegetable stock and let it boil for next 10 minutes (cover your cooking pan and cook over low fire)
- You can boil few extra minutes to adjust thickness
Do fry vegetables for extra time otherwise onion or any other vegetable may be overcooked or burnt what can change the color of soup
If you are non vegetarian then you can here use chicken stock instead of vegetable stock but then of-course it will be not more a vegetarian soup, haha
I think now you must admit that you need to follow only few instruction to make this delicious mixed vegetable clear soup. There are so many other ingredients what I often add in this soup like mushrooms, sweet corn, cabbage, red cabbage, baby corn etc.