VEGAN PASTA! You definitely like pasta but looking for something which is capable to be included in your favorite list. Is it? This pasta dish is prepared with a lot of vegetable puree and some spices. That spicy and tasty thick vegetable puree make this dish very special and NO MEAT or any animal product is used in this food.
Here puree of some boiled vegetables is used to make this vegan pasta. It is its own flavor & taste and you can not identify taste of each vegetable. So you can use any vegetables, even some vegetables what you always try to avoid. This is the best part of this pasta dish.
This vegan pasta is most favorite food for those people who stay alone, live in different city away from their family. They mostly survive with home delivered food or eating outside. So this vegan pasta can be an excellent dish to start cooking at home and can enjoy home made food.
This is also one of my favorite dish in pasta. It is tasty and easy to make. So people like me who do not cook regularly but still want to try different cuisines mostly during weekend will prefer this vegan pasta very much. Kids also like this dish so much and you have a lot of scopes to experiment with this dish.
You see the snaps of this vegan pasta. It looks good and check closed snap for detail observation. It is not so dried, each piece of pasta is coated with spicy vegetable puree. This vegan pasta may be served in dinner or as a light meal in the evening. Black pepper powder and lemon juice is additionally over vegan pasta before serving.
There are many types of vegan pasta dishes available across the world. But this one really amazing. Most of the ingredients to make this dish are easily available in any household. You are free to add any seasonal vegetables of your choice. This vegan pasta dish with spicy vegetable puree will help you to eat any vegetable with good food value. Here soy sauce is used to bring dark color with mouth watering flavor. Cumin powder, sun dried red chili powder and black pepper powder are used to make this vegetable powder little spicy.
There are many restaurants where Italian cuisines are serving, there you can try varieties of pasta dishes. If you are non vegetarian then also you will get hundreds option to pick some dishes of your choice. Some people like this pasta with little gravy whereas some people prefer pasta dishes without gravy. You may prefer to enjoy food in restaurants but still you do not wanna go to restaurant so regularly because it will not good for your health. Not only that, food in restaurant is costly also and most importantly you can not manage time to enjoy food in restaurant so regularly. So it is good to learn to make some delicious food yourself and enjoy fullest at home.
Vegan pasta with vegetable puree and spices recipe
- Carrot / Gajar - 1 large size, chopped
- Cauliflower / phool gobi - 1 small size, chopped
- Green pea / hara matar - ⅓ cup
- Onion / pyaz - 1 medium size, chopped
- tomato /tamator - ½ tbsp, puree
- Cumin / jeera - 2 tsp, powder
- Vinegar - ½ tbsp
- Soy sauce - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Red chili / lal mirch - 2 tsp, powder
- Black pepper / kali mirch - 2 tsp, powder
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - as needed
- Pasta - 250 gm
- Water ½ cup
- Boil green peas, chopped carrot and cauliflower for 10 minutes
- Rest all boiled vegetables for 15 minutes and blend together to make smooth puree
- Now heat oil in a cooking pot and fry finely chopped onion, then add tomato puree and cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add vegetable puree and salt (as needed) and cook it till start releasing oil
- Add cumin powder, red chili powder, vinegar and then soy sauce one by one, smell the mouth watering flavor this time
- Pour ½ cup water and boil for 2 minutes and add all pre cooked (boiled) pasta to this cooking pot
- Mix spicy vegetable puree with boiled pasta and cook it till it adjust gravy
- Cook in low flame till it absorb all gravy
- Now take vegan pasta in serving plate and spread black pepper powder over your vegan pasta and serve hot
Preserve water what you used to boil pasta for further use to add in vegetable puree
Use tomato puree purchased from local shop or make it at home too. Boil tomato in little salty water, then peel off skin and deseed before blending in food processor
Do you also like soup? Then check some more soups here.