Spiced Lentil Soup – A 20 minutes soup! Having soup each time before a meal is really a good practice. Many people also follow this but it seems not possible to many people because they feel it difficult to make soups every day. Yes, it is true and many people simply avoid having soup every day just because of this reason. Nowadays even many ready-made soups are available in the market what you just to buy and you just need to add it to boiling water. It is actually so simple.
But generally, such soup pouch is available at Rs 10-15 which is too expensive if you want to have soup every day that too for four-five people of your family. Not only that, many people do not even like the taste of those ready-made soups. So it is always cooked idea to learn to make soup at home. It won’t take much time rather once you start making it for a few number of times, you actually become expert of it. Spiced lentil soup is one of my favorite vegetarian soups and I often make this and try to do a little experiment for a betterment of its taste according to me.
This 20 minutes spiced lentil soup is an excellent soup what you can try anytime and any season. Particularly if you like lentils in your daily diet then it is a great option to have before your meal. Many restaurants also offer various lentil based soups, so who prefer lentils in soups they often order this. But most of the times when you order a bowl of soup, it generally costs minimum fifty rupees. Is it not true? So you can not have this regularly if you every time order lentil based soup from a restaurant. It would be better to make it at home and enjoy fullest.
Here various vegetables are added to this soup along with some my favorite spices that make this special and so delicious. If you often have soups then you have definitely tried lentil soup, is it not true? So what was your experience? Was that good? If that was not good then do not worry you will definitely like this 20 minutes spiced lentil soup.
Okay, now I feel that you are interested to make this delicious 20 minutes spiced lentil soup. Correct? Haha, well here I have added red lentils, tomato puree (or use just tomato paste), garlic paste, soy sauce, vinegar, cumin powder, vegetables (carrot, french beans & green capsicum) and coriander leaves for garnishing.
Spiced lentil soup recipe
- Red lentils / masoor dal - ½ cup
- Tomato puree (or use just tomato paste)/tamatar puree - ½ tbsp
- Garlic/adrak - 2 tsp,paste
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 2 tsp
- Cumin/jeera - 1.5 tsp, powder
- Vegetables (carrot, french beans & green capsicum) - ½ cup, chopped
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- Refined oil/ olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Water - 2 cups
- Heat oil in a cooking pot and add garlic paste, cumin powder, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato puree and salt one by one and saute
- Now add chopped vegetables (carrot, french beans and capsicum) and cook till next 2-3 minutes
- Then add red lentils and cook for another 2 minutes
- Now add water and boil over medium fire and cover the cooking pot with a lid for next 10 minutes (stir one or two times in this period)
- Now spread chopped coriander powder over this cooked soup and serve in bowls
This one is very simple and you will not take more than twenty minutes to make this spiced lentil soup.