Sparkling mint lemonade is the smartest refreshing drink for summer. Anybody can make this awesome super refreshing drink within a jiffy that too at their own place. It is easy & most delicious summer drink and most importantly everyone’s favorite drink.
There will only very few drink lovers who do not like this sparkling mint lemonade. Though now it is July and it is starting to rain, so temperature is not so high but still sparkling mint lemonade is enjoyable. In fact it is always enjoyable and so refreshing. If you feel tired and need immediate refreshment then you can make this at your home and have it. I love to have this super cool drink even during winter.
Nowadays mint leaves are easily available at local markets in West Bengal. But a few years back, you could not find mint leaves in local markets in the state of WB. Of-course, it was available at big markets of major cities in West Bengal. But it was hard to find those leaves at markets outside of major cities. Nowadays even it costs Rs 15-20 for a small branch of mint leaves. It is too costly here in West Bengal. But in Delhi I could buy a big branch of pudina (mint) leaves for that price. So here if you want to make this sparkling mint lemonade then you may need to buy two branches of mint leaves which will cost around Rs 30 to 40. This is too much for just 3-4 glasses of drink.
Suggested post: Discovered Irani chai in Hyderabad
For this reason, I have grown my own mint leaves in a container. Now I can collect a lot of mint leaves (pudina patta) for such use that too free of cost. Instead of observing growing mint plants will give you a lot of happiness and plenty of mint leaves for making such drink and foods.
Sparkling mint lemonade recipe
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinches of rock salt
- 2 glasses of soda water
- 1.5 glass of chilled water
- 1 small bowl of ice cubes, optional
- Collect fresh mint (pudina) leaves, wash it under running water
- Take it in a blender, add ½ cup water and blend to make a smooth puree
- Strain it into a large bowl
- Add sugar & 1 cup of water and blend to make sugar water
- Combine mint extracts and lemon juice and pour equally in three glasses
- Add rock salt and sugar water according to your taste and rest fill with soda water
- Serve this with ice cubes, optional