This is one of the most uncommon raita. Though there are many people who love this potato raita (aloo raita) most. It is different in taste than any other raita dishes. Did you ever get an opportunity to try this type of raitha? I mean, did you ever try this?
I like this awesome aloo raita with veg pulao. There is a restaurant in Pitampura, Delhi where I used to have vegetable pulao for my lunch or dinner. There I first time tried potato raita. Being a Bengali, as raita was not something that I ate while I was growing up. Then certainly such uncommon raita was absolutely unknown to me. But the restaurant boy told me to have that aloo raita and as per him, most people enjoyed this with vegetable pulao. So I said yes. That was the first time when I ate this and it was simply awesome.
So after leaving Delhi, it was being many years, I did not eat this. But this time I was determined to have aloo raita with vegetable pulao. So I decided and make the raita and my mom prepared vegetable pulao for me. The combination of those two really awesome. AND I started to recall all those good old memories. It brought a smile on my face.
Potato raita (aloo raita) recipe
- 1 cup yogurt/curd/dahi
- ⅔ cup boiled potato, cut into small pieces
- 1.5 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 black pepper powder
- 1 green chillies, cut into small pieces
- Rock salt as needed
- Boil 1 medium-size potato in a pressure cooker till 2 whistles
- Remove skin, then cut the boiled potato into small cubes
- Blend yogurt/curd/dahi, add roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder, rock salt & chaat masala to yogurt and combine all
- Then add boiled potato cubes & green chillies to it & mix