PINEAPPLE RAITA! Did you ever try this? Okay, have you ever heard about this? I think many of you did you try this because it is not a regular raita. I mean it is something which is not served by any random restaurant where raita is available. Only some specific restaurant will offer this to their guest.
I did not try this till 2015 but in 2016 I went for a lunch at a restaurant in Kolkata. I ordered for fruit raita and all other dishes for lunch. But when it was served I found it is just only pineapple, no other fruits are added there. But as part of version of raita, they added little bit sugar to that. But I actually liked that pineapple raita.
Now I have forgotten the exact date of the day. I even can not recall what all I ordered but I can still remember the pineapple raita what I tried there. It was different because it found both sweet & hot taste in that pineapple raita. Apart from sweetness rest was normal like any other regular raita.
After 2 years, I started thinking to make such sweet & hot pineapple raita at home. Actually yesterday I bought a pineapple and it was so juicy and very aromatic. So I decided to make pineapple raitha with this juicy & mouthwatering raita.
I just tried to bring exact taste what I will like and final outcome really satisfied me. It was perfect and enjoyed a lot.
Pineapple raita recipe
- 1 cup yogurt/curd/dahi
- ½ cup pineapple, cut into very small cubes
- 1.5 teaspoons sugar powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- Black salt/rock salt as needed
- Take yogurt, sugar powder, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, salt in a large bowl, whisk all
- Then add pineapple cubes and combine all
- Keep it in a refrigerator for 20 mins for infused all essence
- Serve this