This pineapple fruit chutney is not just a fruit chutney because it has a story to say. Pineapple fruit is one of most lovable fruit to make Bengali style fruit chutney. Without pineapple fruit chutney, any Bengali party food menu, picnic or family get-together food menu will not be complete during summer.
This is another Bengali style pineapple fruit chutney because I have already shared the most traditional Bengali pineapple chatni. But this time it is absolutely different in taste. Undoubtedly mouthwatering & super delicious pineapple based sweet dish. Nothing can be more delicious than having a full spoon of this awesome pineapple fruit chutney after lunch or dinner. I love this pineapple fruit based chutney with simply fried papad.
Okay, let me tell you the story behind making this awesome pineapple fruit chutney. A few days back I bought a big size perfectly ripe pineapple to make pineapple pancakes and juices (pure pineapple juice & pineapple ginger juice) what played a role consolation because my favorite team Argentina lost a knockout match against France in FIFA World Cup Round of 16, haha. So after that, I was left with pineapple residual after extracting juice from it. So I used this to make such mouthwatering homemade pineapple fruit based chutney. I never thought it would be so delicious. But actually, the aroma of pineapple is so yummy that it always brings water in our mouth. That is why I did not want to waste those residual and utilized those perfectly.
Though here I have added pineapple residual, but for a better result, pineapple puree should be used to make this Bengali style sweet dish, chutney.
Pineapple fruit chutney recipe
- 1 cup pineapple puree
- 2 tsp ginger juice
- 1.5 tsp panch foron (all whole spices - cumin, coriander, fennel, mustard, fenugreek)
- 2 whole cardamom
- 2.5-3 tbsp sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- Salt as needed
- ½ tbsp refined oil
- Heat refined oil in a kadai, add panch foron (whole spices) & cardamom, fry till it starts cracking
- Now add pineapple puree, ginger juice and salt, then cook till it is almost dried up
- Then add water and let it start boiling and wait till 3-4 minutes then add sugar slowly and stir
- Boil under low fire till it becomes sticky (add little more sugar if needed)
- Serve this dessert warm or cold after having lunch or dinner