Huhuuu huhuu !! It’s cold, that means winter is coming. 🙂 Yesss!!! But it’s not as cold as it should be in the month of November. We are not even being able to see plenty of oranges and other winter fruits in the market. Nope!! So may we have to wait till December? Or it is just because of unavailability of currency notes (No legal tender of Rs 500 & Rs 1000 currency notes). Available oranges are also not as good as it should be. Hmmmm…. Probably we have to wait few more days for winter. In the mean time we can try to make paneer curry with mushrooms and celebrate beginning of winter 2016.
Paneer curry with mushroom is a hot and spicy paneer dish. Main ingredients of this delicious dish are paneer, mushroom, onions, tomatoes and almonds. Gravy of this dish is prepared with onion, ginger, finely chopped tomatoes and almond paste. Some Indian roasted spices are used to bring fantastic aroma. Paneer curry (with mushroom) is very popular vegetarian dish in India.
Garnish this dish with long ginger slices and green chilies. Serve it hot with chapati, rumali roti, tandoori roti, plain rice, jeera rice, pulao etc.
- Paneer - 200 gm
- Mushrooms - 80 gm
- Onion / pyaz - 2 medium size
- Ginger / adrak - ½ inch (for paste) + ½ inch (for garnishing)
- Tomato / tamatar - 1 large size
- Almond - 2 tsp (paste) / 7-8 pieces
- Roasted cumin powder - 1.5 tsp
- Roasted coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Roasted ajwain powder - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder / lal mirch - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1.5 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tbsp (or as needed)
- Water - 1.5 cup
- Cut paneer into small pieces and saute in oil for a minutes
- Take all paneer pieces in a bowl and heat oil in same kadai / flat cooking pot and add ginger paste
- Now add onion and fry till color turns to light brown and add chopped tomato too
- Cook this till it releases oil, now add almond paste and mix with gravy
- Now add all spices (roasted cumin powder, roasted coriander powder, roasted ajwain powder, red chili & turmeric powder) and cook for another 2-3 minutes and add salt too
- Now add mushroom pieces (cut each mushroom into 4 pieces) and cook for another 3 minutes
- When you start getting mouth watering smell then add water and stir gravy very well
- When water reduces to half in quantity, then add paneer pieces and boil for another 2-3 minutes in low flame
- Switch off burner and take paneer curry in a serving bowl and garnish with green chilies & long ginger slices (grated ginger)
- Serve hot with roti or rice
Do you like paneer dishes? Do you want to try some more tasty mouth watering item, then check these items – aloo chokha with paneer, achari paneer, shahi paneer, kadai paneer, paneer butter masala, paneer masala, paneer bhurji etc.