“Mushroom? Ohh I don’t like mushroom.” If it is your expression when you have just read this dish then probably you will miss a super delicious and healthy dish in your life. 🙁 “Ehhh!! How how can it be so delicious?” But believe me, mushroom lovers can understand this and must admit this. Mushroom masala with fried potatoes is such a dish which is equally good with rice and roti (Indian bread).
If you are running out of currency notes due to ban on old Rs 500 & Rs 1000 notes and probably shouting on me then I must tell you that you can buy mushroom from departmental shops and can use your card to purchase mushroom. It is always advisable to buy mushrooms from a reputed shop and ALWAYS buy fresh one. NEVER purchase mushrooms from road side unauthorized shops.
Okay, now coming to the topic. That is MUSHROOM MASALA FRIED POTATOES dish. Gravy for this dish is quite thick and onion, ginger, garlic, tomato, curd & a lot of spices are used to make this gravy. This will take 25 minutes to cook.
- Mushroom - 200 gm
- Potatoes - 2 medium size
- Cardamoms / elaichi - 3
- Cinnamon / dalchini - 2 small
- Ginger / adrak - 1 inch
- Garlic / lahsun - 4 cloves
- Onion / pyaz - 2 small
- Tomato / tamatar - 1 large
- Chaat masala - 2 tsp
- Turmeric / haldi powder- 2 tsp
- Red chili / lal mirch powder - 2 tsp
- Curd / dahi - 2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Water - 1.5 cup
- Heat oil in a cooking pot / kadai and add cardamoms & cinnamons and then add ginger garlic paste too
- Now add chopped onion and cook till color changes to light brown, add salt too
- Add spices (chaat masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder)
- Blend tomato in mixer and add into kadai and mix well
- Let it release oil, then add mushrooms (cut into 4 pieces) and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Now add fried potatoes in kadai and mix with gravy and add curd too
- Now pour 1.5 water and boil till gravy reduces and reaches desired quantity
- Done !! now take in a bowl and serve hot
So what do you want to say? Does it not look like yummy? It’s really awesome. So try this mushroom masala with fried potatoes and give your suggestions.