Mix veg raita is such a side dish what makes your meal more delicious. If you love North Indian food, particularly Punjabi food then mixed vegetable raita is probably an inseparable food. Among all other available options, this raita dish is a special one that everybody will enjoy while having a meal.
There are actually so many different types of raita available for the raita lovers. The list includes cucumber raita, boondi raitha, tomato raitha, fruit raitha, mint raita, onion raita, plain raitha etc. But everybody does not like every type of raita. Is it not true? I mean there are so many people who do not like tomato-raita at all. There are also some people like me who normally do not enjoy pudina-raita.
But I think there will be no raita lover who hates mix veg raita. I mean you can hate tomato raitha but when it comes with cucumber, onion, carrot, tomato, coriander leaves, mint leaves etc then you simply can not hate it because of tomato.
It is also preferable for having both rice or roti based meal. It is delicious when you combine it with veg biryani or even mutton biryani. I mean, I personally believe so. Mixed vegetable raita is a smart option for side dish because you can make it with available vegetables in your kitchen inventory because there will be always some of those above-mentioned vegetables in your kitchen inventory. It is mixed vegetable raita that means no particular vegetables will dominant over other, haha. So it is delicious as well as healthy too and everybody will enjoy this.
I also love to add boiled potato in this dish. But as my parents avoid potato in any dish because of high blood sugar as instructed by a doctor, so I generally try to avoid adding boiled potato in raitha.
Mix veg raita recipe
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- ⅔ cup mixed vegetable (cucumber, onion, tomato, carrot, coriander leaves, mint leaves, boiled potato), finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp roasted coriander powder
- Black salt as needed
- ⅓ cup water
- Add yogurt, water & spices (roasted cumin powder, roasted coriander powder, black pepper powder) and whisk all together
- Then add finely chopped vegetables, green chillies and salt, combine all
- Serve mix veg raita in a serving bowl with some pinches of spices spread over it