Mashed potato pancakes, I mean something which is made of mashed potatoes, spices and yummy cheese. It is an excellent breakfast item if you not so health-conscious rather you are looking for something which is really good in taste & easy to make.
So let’s have easy mashed potato based pancakes and enjoy fullest with any hesitation.
for people who do not make food regularly but still enjoy cooking and more than that enjoy foods. If you do not love cooking then you can enjoy visual of this food and its story. The only thing I would say to cheese lovers that you will never find this tasteless. I found this utterly delicious and nothing less than that.
Though pancakes are good for breakfast, I mean many people use to say this and I know personally some people who prefer pancakes only in the morning, I mean in breakfast menu. But if you ask me then I would say that I make those (fluffy pancake batter recipe) any time with my limited skill and enjoy morning to night & Sunday to Monday. Whatever I like to eat, I like those anytime with empty stomach except a few dishes. Hmmm, right now I can only remember oat-milk, corn flakes milk etc what I will never like to have in the evening, haha. I hope you will say the same thing. If you ask me about any kind of pancakes then I will prefer it in breakfast as well as in evening as a snack. Actually, I mostly make something in the evening rather than in the morning because I have free time during that period. So I mostly play with ingredients in my free time and looking for a YUM dish as an outcome. These mashed potato pancakes are also such outcome.
Read these too: favorite street food egg momos, popular vegetable momos, Bengal’s pride & most popular street food jhal muri, very popular but unconventional street food ghoti gorom, yummy street food paneer momos
Leftover boiled potatoes are used to make this mashed potato pancakes. It was an absolutely unplanned dish what can be prepared in a jiffy if you have all ingredients in your kitchen inventory.
Mashed potato pancakes (with spices) recipe
- 2 medium size potatoes
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour/maida
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 1.5 tsp roasted coriander powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt as needed
- ⅓ tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- Water as needed to make batter
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- Oil potatoes, peel its skin and mashed
- Now add all purpose flour, spices (roasted coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder), grated cheese, melted butter, salt and mix properly
- Now add egg and little water to adjust thickness of batter, it would be like very soft dough
- Heat oil in a saucepan and then add one full spoon of mixture/batter and then flattened it with spoon, now cook both sides of pancake, cook all pancakes this way