Lychee (or litchi) is is a juicy & sweet summer fruit grown in the tropical region. China, India, Thailand & Vietnam are the major producers of this wonderful fruit. It has a very sweet & mouthwatering flavor. People mostly love to consume this fruit directly as a fruit. But this fruit is often used to make many delicious & refreshing summer drinks & desserts. Litchi lemonade (or lychee lemonade) is one of those wonderful summer drink.
I have already shared another litchi based drink in my earlier post. that was litchi lassi. But this time, it is a simple & delicious summer drink.
Experts said that lychee/litchi contains mostly water & carbohydrate. Apart from those, it has a small amount of protein and a very negligible amount of fat. It contains a significant amount of vitamins C and a very small amount of vitamin B6, Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Folate (B9) etc.
Though last year I made this several times but this year till the first week of June I did not prepare this lemonade at home. Yesterday I suddenly realized that litchi will be available hardly another 2 0r 3 weeks for this season. So I have to try it now, otherwise again I will forget this and then I have to wait for the whole year to enjoy this awesome litchi lemonade.
Though sometimes I try to avoid to drink lemonade because of sugar. But if I add extra lychee and lychees are sweet enough then I often avoid adding sugar because those sweet lychees will make my drink sweet enough naturally.
Litchi lemonade recipe (Lychee lemonade)
- 10 lychee/litchi fruits
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon (nimbu) juice
- 12-15 fresh mint leaves/pudina patta
- 2 glasses of water
- Ice cubes
- Heat 1 glass of water and add mint leaves then add sugar and boil over lower low flame for next 5-6 minutes
- Then switch of fire and add lemon juice and stir
- Wait till it reaches at room temperature, then keep it in freezer for 10 minutes
- Now take 10 lychee/lithci fruits (remove its seeds) and one glass of chilled water and blend then add chilled mint & lemon flavored sugar water and blend again
- Add ice cubes into glasses and pour lychee lemonade and serve
I find this litchi lemonade recipe very simple. So try this at home and share your experience by writing a short comment below.