It is said that both red lentils and oat are important for a healthy diet. So this lentil oat soup will be definitely perfect soup for everybody wants something better. Not only that, the combination of oat and lentil is quite rare as compared to other oat soup. So I think that soup lovers definitely want to try this soup.
When I was writing this post that moment our Prime Minister is delivering his speech regarding GST rollout (One Nation One Tax) in Midnight. and when I will post this that time we will enter into GST regime. Till now GST becomes most talked issue in India and almost every media is covering the GST launch program. Most of the business owners, professionals, and online marketers are trying to understand how this GST will impact on their business? There are multiple slab rates for different products and services, so people who are not aware of those rates on various goods and services are feeling anxiety. Particularly small traders and business owners who almost single-handedly manage everything and have less knowledge on this new taxation system, are little bit panic. But those business owners who are cash rich and have staffs to manage this new tax system are less panic than those small business owners.
I made this soup yesterday, and I found this delicious and shareable with my readers. I was watching some news on television when I was having my lentil oat soup. That is why all those thoughts come in my mind when I started writing this and shared some my personal views on this topic. More particularly pro bloggers who run some online business so successfully and earning decent money are more confused because they do not know what will come under this GST and what will not.
Okay now coming to this lentil oat soup. This one is not any other oat soup because here capsicum is also added what makes this absolutely different and special.
Along with oats & red lentils, here onion, tomato and capsicum are used to make this special. Roasted cumin powder, red chili, green chili, black pepper powder are added to bring some spicy flavor in this lentil oat soup.
Lentil oat soup recipe
- Red lentil / masoor dal - ⅓ cup
- Oats - ⅓ cup
- Onion / pyaz - 1 large size, chopped
- Tomato / tamatar - 1 meium size, finely chopped
- Capsicum / shimla mirch - ½ medium size, cut into small pieces
- Roasted cumin / bhuna jeera - 1 tsp, powder
- Red chili / lal mirch - 2 pieces
- Green chili / hara mirch - 2, cut into small pieces
- Black pepper / kali mirch - 1 tsp, powder
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Heat oil in a cooking wok and saute finely chopped onion and tomato
- Then add roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder, green chili pieces, red chilies, capsicum and salt
- Now add red lentils and fry with other ingredients for 4-5 minutes in low flame
- Pour water and stir to mix all ingredients
- Water will start boiling then adjust thickness of soup
- When it will reach at right thickness what you want then add oat and boil another 3 minutes and switch off fire
- Lentil oat soup is ready, now serve hot
So did you like lentil oat soup or will you prefer to try something else? I think you liked this soup but in case if you want to check something else then you must try these vegetarian soups – special chickpeas soup, best pasta and potatoes soup, mushroom pasta soup, fresh soup with tomato and onions, green magic spinach soup, roasted tomato pumpkin soup with a lot of cheese etc.