Guava juice drink is a natural flavored delicious & healthy drink. Guava fruit juice is something that everybody do not think to prepare at home. Actually, guava is not all a juicy fruit like pineapple, mango, litchi, pomegranate, pomelo etc. So very few people actually tried to extract juice from guava at home.
Guava is called as amrood in Hindi. India is the largest producer of guava fruit across the world. It contains various nutrition values and it is also said that guava fruit is very effective for diabetes patient because it is rich in dietary fibre.
You can see atleast a lot of guava plants in this region where I am residing. Guava plant is a very common fruit plant in West Bengal, an Indian state. If you will visit a village in West Bengal, then you can definitely notice that almost each household has guava and banana plants at their backward. Guava plant is even a common plant in semi-urban area. You can even see many guava plants in the urban area too.
Since last thirty years, I always notice atleast one guava plant at our premise. So often local children used to come to our premise to steal fruits. Even school goers children love to steal those fruits when they were coming from their school. It was their fun activity and daily entertainment. But since last seven to eight years, they are now less interested in such activity. Probably they find it less entertaining because all of them now have smartphones, video games etc. So they do not need to steal guava fruits for the adrenaline rush, haha.
Okay, now let’s talk about the guava juice drink. How to make fresh guava juice at home? Did you ever try this? Nope! Actually, I think most people might not have tried to make this at home but most people definitely drink some kind of guava juice drink because nowadays anybody can buy refrigerated packaged guava juice from the market. Is it not true? I mean anybody can go to a departmental store and pick ready to drink guava fruit juice and buy it. But when it comes to extracting juice from guava fruit then everybody will think twice, haha.
Why do people avoid to make fresh guava fruit juice drink at home?
- Firstly, guava is not juicy fruit, so you will need many guava fruits to extract enough juice.
- Secondly, it is costly, so nobody wants to make so much money on guava juice drink
- Thirdly, it is little hard to extract juice from guava fruit that means you need high power rated grinder or juicer to extract juice from it.
- Finally, people love to eat guava directly instead of drinking guava juice.
Then why some people will make fresh guava juice drink at home?
- Firstly, they love guava flavored drink a lot
- Secondly, guava fruits are available at very low price at their locality
- Thirdly, people who have a traditional heavyweight mortar pestle sets can easily make guava juice
- Finally, some people are privileged to have guava plants at their backwards, haha.
So how to make fresh guava juice at home?
Guava juice drink recipe
- 8-10 guavas
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Handful of mint leaves
- Pinches of black salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup chilled water
- Cut guavas into pieces and remove seeds, then grind guava pieces, mint/pudina leaves and ice cubes in a traditional mortar-pestle set, Make a smooth puree of all
- Now strain it into a large bowl, add black salt, lemon juice & sugar and stir by using a manual hand blender and add ½ cup of chilled water
- Pour it into serving glasses and serve with extra ice cubes
How to make guava juice by boiling?
Though many people make guava juice by boiling small pieces of guava. But I do not like that method. Actually, the flavor is not as good as extracts of fresh guava. But extracting guava juice by boiling is common because this way many people prepare guava jam at home. My mom also used this method to make jam. You just need to simply boil guava pieces in water for 15-20 minutes. Add mint leaves, then mash those in hand blender (or any mixer grinder) and strain the extracts to make guava juice water. Let it be cool and add black salt, sugar & lemon juice and mix. Now add chilled water stir it. Serve this guava juice (by boiling) with ice cubes.
Nowadays I prefer to make guava juice drink instead of eat fresh guava directly because two of my teeth became infected. So I had to get Root Canal Treatment done. Now my dentist put a crown on each of my operated tooth. So I avoid guava and its seeds so that it can not damage my teeth further.