Do you know bell pepper? Actually, bell pepper may be an unknown vegetable to many people in India. But the people who often buy capsicum from departmental stores or love to try new foods may aware of it. It is because bell pepper is just another name of capsicum. Capsicum is known as bell pepper in the United Kingdom, Canada, and Ireland. But still, in India, some people often call red & yellow capsicum as the bell pepper. Okay now, let’s talk about green bell pepper soup (or green capsicum soup). It is really delicious, very smooth and healthy food.
There are so people who do not like capsicum but still, they prefer when it serves with tandoori items or when it is used to make some special item like chili paneer or chili chicken. Well, it’s actually something that I experienced I used to like the green bell pepper with tandoori food item but never liked it in any other food. Soup is definitely not something that I used to eat since childhood, rather I started having soup when I travel or attended any party, mostly marriage party. But in Bengal, it is introduced so later in late nineteen so widely. Otherwise, in wedding reception party it was not so popular in general. Tomato based soups are more popular than any other soups, and nowadays schezwan soup or noodle based Chinese preparation became more popular.
Okay now coming to this green bell pepper soup, it is really different in taste. Capsicum-soup haters also can try this soup, I believe they can not believe that they are actually having capsicum based soup. Slightly extra fried capsicum brings additional flavor in this soup. That flavor makes it extra ordinary. So what is your position? Are you capsicum hater or do you love capsicum so much? If you like green bell pepper then no doubt you will like this soup also.
Here all ingredients (capsicum, onion, garlic fried and then blended to make a smooth puree that puree is used to prepare this super delicious green bell pepper soup.
Green bell pepper soup
- Green bell pepper - 1 small size, cut into small pieces
- Onion/pyaz - 1 medium size, cuti into small pieces
- Garlic/lahsun - 3-4 cloves, cut into pieces
- Black pepper / kali mirch - 1 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - ½ tbsp
- Water - 1.5 cups
- First, heat oil in a pan/Kadai/ Chinese wok and saute onion, black pepper powder & garlic pieces for 2 minutes
- Take ¾ quantity of bell pepper and add it to cooking pan and fry till it soften and turn to little lighter in color
- Now take all fried items in mixer grinder jar and add ½ cup chilled water to it and blend to make smooth puree
- Now add residual green bell pepper pieces to cooking pan and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Then add that smooth puree and also add 1 cup water and boil for next 5 minutes
You need to fry green bell pepper little extra to get an actual taste of this green bell pepper soup. But you can do your own experiment if you do not like that extra burnt taste of capsicum. So try this green bell pepper soup at home and share your experience here by leaving your comment below.