Bought fresh corn from the market, boil it and remove its boiled grains from the cob. Add your favorite ingredients to make it more healthy and add some kinds of stuff to bring taste to your fresh corn salad. AND YOU HAVE DONE IT.
Most people love roasted corn in India. Here people do not remove its grains from the cob rather they enjoy holding the cob and small bites of its grains. Spices and lemon juice are spread over the grains. During rainy reason, there are so many people who sell whole corn across the country. You can see many temporary roadside stalls for roasted whole corn from eastern India to western India and from northern India to southern India. Though in western parts people boil those grains then roast it if customers wish otherwise mostly people prefer boiled corns. Butt in eastern parts of India most people love roasted corn that too without boiling.
So here in Kolkata, you will find roasted corn is little hard, that is why I normally buy raw corn from those stalls and boil those at home and then roast if I need. But this time I wanted to make the fresh corn salad. So I just boiled those corn and remove its grains. I bought those corns for Rs 16 from a roadside temporary stall. That local street food vendor was selling roasted spicy corns for Rs 10 each but for raw corns, he was selling it for Rs 16 only.
Fresh corn salad is really delicious and healthy salad. I love this salad as a light meal too. Once I added cucumber and onion it becomes more delicious. This little hot & sour in taste.
Fresh corn salad recipe
- ⅔ cup fresh corn
- 1 small size cucumber
- 1 large onion
- 2 green chillies
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp black salt
- Clean fresh corn and wash it under running water then boil it in a pressure cooker till 4-5 whistles
- Now remove it grains from the cob once it becomes cool
- Cut cucumber, coriander leaves & onion into small pieces Now assemble those
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper and black salt
- Spread it over all vegetables, add extra salt if needed, Now mix all
- Serve it