Pancake breakfast! Did you ever try this? Pancake is one of the most favorite breakfast dishes in many countries across the world. North American, British & people in some other countries love this pancake as a breakfast item. It is basically a flat & round shaped flour made cake which is cooked in a frying pan rather than baking in an oven. Most traditionally this flour made pancakes are often served with maple syrup or a special pancake syrup. Most people love this pancake breakfast because it is not only healthy & tasty but also it is very easy to make.
If you are getting bored with your everyday breakfast menu then you can switch to pancake breakfast because here you can a lot of varieties of pancakes every week. I mean if you do not like any particular type of pancakes then you can pick any from a long list of those cakes.
I always love the toppings of such cakes. Every people has some favorite toppings of those. Though for regular use most people keep maple syrup or special pancake syrup in their kitchen inventory. Such syrups are usually available from any departmental store. If you are living in a city, then you can find it from your local store too, so you may not travel a distance to visit a departmental store. But there are many people who love cooking or have little time in the morning always prefer to make some kind special toppings for those pancakes.
10 favorite pancakes for breakfast
There are so many different types of pancakes what I often make at home and if I make a list of pancake breakfast foods then it will include banana chocolate chip pancakes, mashed potatoes pancakes, white peas pancakes, easy cheesy vegetable pancakes, homemade fruit pancakes, very delicious peanut & butter pancakes, yummy cheese potato pancakes, excellent banana cinnamon pancakes, simple banana pancakes, mango bar pancakes, eggless awesome pancakes etc.
1. Banana chocolate chip pancakes: This is one of my favorite pancakes. It is very delicious and easy to make. I love this pancakes in my breakfast and often have this with a milkshake or my tea. This is really awesome in taste because of so many added chocolate chips and also due to banana flavor. Chocolate lovers can not ignore this.
2. Mashed potatoes pancakes: This mashed potatoes pan-cake is something what everybody what to have as pancake breakfast or even many people will love this in the evening as snack. If you have got bored with your monotonous breakfast food then it will be best to bring a twist in your menu, haha. I would not say it is healthy but I think it is okay if you want to have this for any occasion or when you are in bad mood.
3. White peas pancakes: Are you hungry? I mean do you want something little heavy in breakfast then you should do this pancake breakfast. This is really an wonderful breakfast item. Here white peas are used along with mashed potatoes. Normally green peas are used to make such but the taste of this white pea pancakes are absolutely different from green peas cakes. Extra cheese and butter are also added to make this dish mouth watering. This can be consider as breakfast item as well as an evening snack.
4. Cheesy vegetable pancakes : Another great pancake breakfast food. Though I like this as evening snack instead of breakfast food. Various seasonal fresh vegetables are added to make this food and enough grated cheese is added to make it really yummy. It is not that much spicy but still you can add some roasted spices to this if you are considering it as snack. I love to spread garlic peanut chatni/sauce over this when I have this as evening snack.
5. Homemade fruit pancakes: Many people prefer to have fruits in breakfast. You may be belong to that group of people too. If it is true then you will definitely like this awesome homemade fruit pan-cakes too.
6. Peanut butter pancakes: If you are thinking that it is made of peanut butter then you are wrong, haha. Actually here peanut & butter are used to make this. Not that peanut butter what is available in the market. So you need to buy peanut & butter too from the market and prepare this yummy food.
7. Cheese potato pancakes: Few month ago, I tried this cheese potato pancakes. It was awesome. I liked this so much. But I liked it as evening snack but still you can try it as your pancake breakfast. It is very soft and so delicious. Kids will definitely love this.
8. Banana cinnamon pancakes : Banana cinnamon pancakes is another excellent option for pancakes breakfast. Banana is used to prepare its mixture/batter as well as its topping.
9. Simple banana pancakes: If you are running out of time and want to make some delicious within few minutes for your breakfast then this is good for you. But I like this because of banana. I liked the flavor of banana. Honey is used here as topping.
10. Mango bar pancakes : This may be absolutely different type of pancake if you have not tried mango bar or aam papad. In India it is called in different names in different location but in Kolkata where I live, it is call as aam satto. This is really an awesome breakfast food.
There are so many other pancakes what I have already tasted and you have also definitely tried some other pancakes what are not on this list. You can share those with us by leaving a nice comment below. Though my pancake breakfast does not only include an awesome pancake but also it includes a healthy milkshake/ fruit or vegetable juice.
But if I say only North American countries or European countries enjoy delicious pancakes and they only have pancake breakfast then it would be wrong because various other countries also have some of their own versions of pancakes. India, itself has so many different types of pancakes but here it is known by different names. I mean if you observe some of the Indian foods, particularly south Indian food then you will definitely say that those are nothing but pancakes. Do you identify any of those foods now? Okay let me help you, what do you think about rava uttapam? Is it not just pancakes what is cooked over a frying pan? Think about dosa, malpua, sajer pitha etc. Are those similar to pancakes made with rice flour? I believe there is no difference between those Indian foods and pancakes.