Easy egg drop soup is a great drink during winter. It is healthy and a smart winter drink option. If you want to drink something easy to make and that will help you to feel more energetic and warm then definitely easy egg drop soup is one and the only one option. If you have not heard earlier about egg drop soup then also you can understand what it is actually because its name tells you about this wonderful soup.
It’s the beginning of DECEMBER 2018
And temperature reaches near 15-degree centigrade. That means winter has come for this season. But for winter lovers it may be yet to come, haha. I mean some people (here in Kolkata) may eagerly be waiting when the temperature will reach below 10-degree centigrade. But most Bengali people have already started enjoying crisp weather.
For Bengalis, winter means fresh mouth-watering nalen gur (special palm dates made jaggery), joynagarer moa and nalen gur made sweets. Winter means picnic and holidays. This season means playing badminton or other sports at night. Winter means morning starts with a cup of coffee or a special tea with spices. It is also the season of plays, theatre, fairs etc.
But nowadays many Bengali people also love to have a bowl of hot soup in the evening. What do you say? Do you also love this? I think you also love hot soup in the evening during winter. Though soup lovers will definitely enjoy this healthy & easy egg drop soup any time throughout the year. But during winter it becomes more special because it will help you to feel more energetic and of-course warm.
Though this blog is only for sharing my vegetarian food habit and motivate myself to eat more & more vegetables but still being a Bengali I definitely enjoy non-vegetarian food. So somehow this easy egg drop soup find a place on this blog and get published with (or without) my permission, haha.
Easy egg drop soup recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup of green peas
- 1 medium size onion, cut into small pieces
- ½ inch ginger, cut into thin pieces
- 2 green chillies, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons black pepper powder
- Salt as needed
- 2 teaspoons butter or vegetable oil
- 2.5 cup water
- Wash all vegetables, cut the cabbage into thin long pieces, cut the ginger & onion into small pieces
- Boil water in in a big cooking pot and add cabbage, green peas, onion, ginger, green chillies, oil/butter & salt
- Boil till next 10 mins and then break an eggshell and pour the egg into the cooking pot and stir it with a spoon continuously to mix egg within the water
- Now switch off the fire and pour egg drop soup into serving bowls and spread pinches of black pepper powder over it and serve hot/warm
This is a very smart soup where you just break an eggshell and drop the inner part into the boiling water. That is why probably it is named so. But anybody can add any other vegetable according to their choice, taste and availability of vegetables in their inventory.