Hey, did you ever try cauliflower pancakes? Most of the people actually do not try various types of pancakes at home, rather they only repeat two or three types of pancakes multiple times in a week. They often spend a lot to buy food from restaurants. But homemade food always better, particularly, if you want to have delicious & healthy food for breakfast then pancake is definitely best because you can have a lot of varieties of pancakes.
If you like vegetables then winter is the best season because during winter you can have various fresh vegetables at a lower rate. Though nowadays you can get any vegetables throughout the year but those are not fresh (off season cultivated vegetables which are not always good in taste) and also come at a higher price. Cauliflower is such vegetable which is abundantly available in the market during winter. The taste of such cauliflower is also better as compared to off-season cauliflower. So during this season, I love to enjoy my morning with cauliflower pancakes. Though it is little different from traditional old school pancakes, so I also like this to have as my evening snack.
I personally also like cabbage pancakes and I like that more as an evening snack. If you are looking for something for evening snack instead of breakfast then you should go with cabbage pancakes because it is has a perfect YUMMM effect.
okay, now coming to this cauliflower pancakes recipe which is very simple and it needs only a few ingredients.
Cauliflower pancakes recipe
- ¾cup cauliflower paste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp red chilli powder/black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- ½ tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp roasted coriander powder
- ½ tsp honey
- Blend 1 small head of cauliflower and make smooth puree
- Now add all other ingredients to make pancake mixture, adjust thickness by adding water
- Heat oil in a pan and add 1 full spoon of mixture and flattened, now fry both sides of pancakes
- Fry all pancakes this way
- Mix all ingredients for topping and spread over fried pancakes and serve
You can bring different taste by experimenting with pancake batter, so I prefer to make both thick & thin batter to get different taste.