Pancake is a great option for healthy breakfast. But sometimes we get bored with same pancakes every day but it happens for every food item too. Even if you will eat your favorite food every day then after a few days you will be looking for something different. Is it not true? But in case of pancakes, you have different options or variations so it is very hard to get bored with pancakes. Once you will get bored with one type of pancake then from next day you can try another type of pancake, you can even try different types of pancakes for each day throughout the week. If you are thinking so then You can include this awesome banana cinnamon pancakes on that list.
Though pancakes are never Indian breakfast food and there are not so many people who actually have heard about pancakes (or even tried pancakes) in India but still, the number of people who have started loving pancakes is growing day by day. Logic is simple, it is simple, tasty & healthy too. Unlike many Indian breakfast foods (dahi vada, poha, idli, dosa etc), it does not take too much time to make or it does not even take overnight preparation.
Topping for this pancakes(old fashioned fluffy pancake batter) is made with milk & dry fruits along with banana slices. But it looks little dark because of melted brown colored sugar. But you can not say it is caramel because milk is added when sugar is melted and starts turning to brown. This banana cinnamon coating is really wonderful and I love to try this again and again.
Today I have prepared these excellent pancakes but tomorrow it won’t be possible to try something special because Gujarat & Himachal Pradesh State Assembly Election results will be out. So everybody will keep their eyes on the television screen to get results and also will enjoy political debates throughout the day. AND I will be one of those audiences, haha.
Banana cinnamon pancakes recipe
- All purpose flour - 1.5 cup
- Banana - 2, medium size
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- oil - ½+1/2 tbsp
- Butter - ½ tbsp
- Milk - ½ cup
- Sugar - ½ tbsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts - ½ tbsp
- Raisins - as much you want
- Banana - 1, small
- Batter preparation: Mix all ingredients of batter and make smooth & consistent batter, add ½ tbsp of refined oil
- Pancakes frying: Heat a cooking pan, add 1 tsp oil. Now pour a full large spoon of batter on the pan and fry both sides properly. Then take all fried pancakes on a plate/plates
- Topping preparation: Heat butter in a cooking pan, add sugar and stir continuously till it start melting & color turns to light brown, now pour milk & cinnamon powder and cook till it becomes thick. Then add roughly crushed cashew nuts & raisins. Pour this topping over pancakes and serve with additional banana slices