Tomato based soups are very common soup in all vegetarian soups. If some people like vegetarian soup then they definitely tasted tomato soup. There are many variations in tomato-based soups, but most people have some specific favorite tomato based soups. Here this tomato cheesy soup has the potential for becoming your next favorite soup.
Don’t believe this? Then try it at your place, you will find nothing to hate this soup but if you like tomato soup then you will certainly like this tomato cheesy soup too.
I first time tasted tomato soup on a train but after that that I tried tomato soup at least for 50-60 times in different restaurants in different cities but every time I found something different in those soups. Those were not only different in taste but also the names of those tomato soups were also slightly different based on additional ingredients or processed applied to make those.
This soup needs only 25 minutes to be served. All ingredients to make this tomato cheesy soup are also easily available in the market. You just need tomatoes, onion, red chili, ginger, garlic, potato, black pepper, cheese spread (or processed cheese), salt, butter and of course water too. You can even use vegetable stock instead of normal water to make this stock more healthy. I also tried this with chicken stock, so if you are nonvegetarian then you should give chicken stock to make your happy with more tastier tomato cheesy soup.
Tomato cheesy soup recipe
- Tomatoes / tamatar - 2 large
- Red chili / lal mirch - 2
- Onion / pyaz - 2 medium (1 to make puree + 1 chopped)
- Ginger / adrak - 1 tsp, paste
- Garlic / lahsun - 1.5 tsp, paste
- Potato - 1 small
- Black pepper / kaali mirch - 1 tsp, powder
- Cheese spread or processed cheese - 4 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Butter / oil - 1 tbsp
- water - 2 cups
- Blend tomatoes, onion (1 medium size) and red chili and make a smooth puree
- Now heat butter (or oil) a cooking pan and add ginger & garlic paste and saute
- Now add finely chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes
- Then add tomato, onion, red chili puree and mix with all fried ingredients and cook till it releases oil
- Now spread black pepper, salt and small cubes of potatoes, mix with all other ingredients
- Cover your cooking pot with the lid for 2 minutes and then pour water and boil for next 10 minutes
- Then mash potatoes and other items with a hand masher and add processed cheese (or spread cheese) and stir to mix
- Now switch off flame and serve hot
I liked this soup very much when I made this soup first time but I added too many red chilies, so next time I rectified it and became more conscious before adding red chili. So it became much tastier than the soup what I made in the first attempt. You will also definitely like this tomato cheesy soup but in case you are looking for something else in the tomato based soup then you can try these soups – roasted tomato soup, hot tomato soup with momos chutney (best tomato soup when you feel laziness), creamy tomato soup, hot & sour tomato soup recipe. I have also shared many other vegetarian soup recipes, so check those or bookmark those for future need.