Sweet paneer curry? Hmmm, it sounds interesting. Is it? Some people will definitely like this food, particularly who do not prefer chili in food. Chili haters? This list must be long who do not prefer chili in food. Particularly Gujarati people like to add sugar everywhere and simply avoid chili. So what is your position? Do you like such sweet food?
Sweet paneer curry works excellent with kulcha, naan, paratha, roti and rice too. This sweet paneer curry is a HEALTHY OPTION to all people who want something beyond hot & spicy paneer dishes. This is really sweet in taste but that not means you will consider it as sweet dish. 😀 It is not that much sweet at all. Red chili powder is also added here, so that you can consider it as main course food and enjoy fully with all Indian breads as well as rice (Any kind of rice – jeera rice, peas rice, pulao, plain rice etc).
This dish is excellent for home party, winter picnic and weekend special dish. I often make this dish, though I only cook during weekends or holidays, otherwise I have other staffs to do. But I simply love cooking and sometime break this rule and cook snacks, soup, dessert even during week days.
Here sugar is not used to bring sweetness in taste. Surprised? Raisins and honey are added in this dish, that is why it is sweet in taste. Curd or yogurt is also used, so you will get sour taste in this dish. Onion, ginger & tomato are used to make gravy for this dish. It takes 25-30 minutes to cook.
- Paneer - 200 gm
- Onion / pyaz - 2 small (one for making paste & one for separating layers)
- Ginger / adrak - 2 tsp (paste)
- Tomato / tamatar - 1 medium
- Red chili / lal mirch powder - 1 tsp
- Raisin / kish mish - 2 tsp (paste)
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Curd / honey - 2 tsp
- Oil - 0.75 tbsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Heat oil in a cooking pot and add ginger paste, onion paste, raisin paste, honey & salt one by one and cook for 5-6 minutes
- Now add curd and mix with all ingredients
- Now add tomato pieces (cut lengthwise into 8 pieces) and cook for 3 minutes but do not mash tomatoes
- Now add water and stir properly and allow to start boiling
- Now add paneer pieces (cut 200 gm paneer into 18-20 pieces) and cook 4-5 minutes and switch off flame
- Take sweet paneer curry in a bowl and serve hot with rice or roti