Life is all about try new things, learn unknown things, explore something unknown and be happy. You may have tried stuffed bitter gourd or karela earlier. Did you? Yes? / No? Okay whatever!! But here I have added my favorite pickle spices to its stuffing ingredients. If you like bitter gourd then you must try it and I am sure you will like this very much but if you simply hate bitter gourd (karela) then I won’t recommend this stuffed achari karela.
Karela is such a vegetable what many people do not like just because of its bitter taste but it has excellent food value. So try this recipe next time and enjoy delicious bitter gourd fry at home. It will not be as bitter as you are thinking.
Few days back I have tried this item. I already made a tasty achari dish (pickle flavored paneer) that time I made sufficient stock of roasted pickle spices powder. So this time it was very easy to make stuffed achari karela fry. This item I was offered by one of my colleagues few years back. So after that I tried it several times but I found it is time taking dish, if you do not have already pickle spices or achar masala. Once if you have made spices then it is very easy task to do next. So always make extra spices for further usage.
Stuffed achari karela fry recipe
- Bitter gourd / karela – 4 pieces (medium size)
- Pickle spices or achaar masala – 1.5 tsp
- Tomato / tamatar – 1 medium size
- Onion / pyaz – 1 large size
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry chopped onion till it turns to light brown
- Add all chopped tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Now add red chili powder & pickle spices or achar masala to get the pickle flavor
- Take all this fried stuffing items in a separate bowl
- Take bitter gourd (karela) cut horizontally from the top and remove seeds
- Put all stuffing items inside and fry karela in that pan and serve warm