Scrambled PANEER PASTA! This is an amazing food. Paneer is popular food item in Indian subcontinent whereas pasta is traditional Italian cuisine. But both are excellent together. Paneer is one of the most preferred milk made food in India and its neighboring countries. It is used to make various delicious dishes. You may have tried some of those. But have you ever tried scrambled paneer pasta? It’s so simple and probably you have each ingredient at your home to make this dish. It is really super delicious and ready to surprise you.
All spices needed for this scrambled paneer pasta are easily available in every single household. If you do not have paneer at home but still you can make it easily. You just need milk and lemon juice. That’s all. If you have this two then you can make paneer yourself. As you are going to scramble paneer then you do not need to further process this. So just boil milk, add 2 tea spoons of lemon juice and mix properly. Then boil few more minutes in low flame and switch off flame. Rest it for half an hour. DONE! Normally you need to extract almost last drop of water from home made paneer to make any dish from paneer but here you can keep some water there as you will do scramble paneer and then cook. So if any residual water will be in paneer that will be evaporated when you will cook and it will not deteriorate taste. Unless you make other dishes where you cut paneer in small cubes and then cook, in such case if it is not compressed or water is not extracted totally then such moisturized paneer cubes will be broken when you will cook.
Read also :
Home made paneer or fresh cottage cheese
This dish needs four steps to perform. These are scrambled paneer making, pasta cooking or boiling, preparing gravy and final cooking by mixing all. Spicy scrambled paneer itself is very popular in North India.
Firstly, you need to make spicy scrambled paneer which is very easy. You just need 7-8 minutes to make this. Fry onion, tomato, paneer in butter and add garam masala, salt and lemon juice. Then keep it aside for further use.
Secondly, boil your pasta with sufficient water and keep aside for next step.
Thirdly, prepare gravy for spicy scrambled paneer pasta dish. Use onion paste, cumin powder, black pepper powder and red chili powder to make this gravy.
Finally, add cooked pasta and spicy scrambled paneer to gravy and mix together.
Scrambled paneer pasta recipe
- Paneer - 100 gm, scrambled
- Tomato / tamatar - 1 medium size, chopped
- Onion / pyaz - 1 medium, chopped
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Lemon / nimbu - 1 tsp, juice
- Butter - 1 tbsp, melted
- Salt - as needed
- Onion / pyaz - 1 small size, paste
- Cumin / jeera - 1 tsp, powder
- Black pepper / kali mirch - 1 tsp, powder
- Red chili / lal mirch - 1 tsp, powder
- Oil - as needed
- Pasta - 200gm
- Water - 2 cups
- Salt - 2 tsp
- Heat butter in a cooking pot and add finely chopped onion, stir onion till turns to light borwn
- Now add finely chopped ripe red tomato and cook till it releases extra butter
- Now mashed paneer and add to cooking pot and mix with fried onion and tomato
- Now cook paneer for 5 minutes and add garam masala, lemon juice
- Boil raw pasta in water for 10 minutes in medium flame
- Fry onion paste in a wok (use refined oil / sunflower oil)
- Add cumin powder, black pepper powder, red chili powder and mix with onion paste
- Fry till it releases oil and add half cup of water and boil for 3-4 minutes
- Add boiled pasta in gravy and cook to adjust gravy
- Now add scrambled paneer and mix properly with pasta
- Switch of flame and take scrambled paneer pasta in serving plates and serve
You can add fresh cream if you want to get creamy taste in this dish but it is optional
Add red chili powder and black pepper powder according to your taste, if you do not prefer red chili then only use black pepper powder to make this dish