Rotten tomatoes means tomatoes what are not in ideal condition. Once you keep tomatoes at home for longer period then it starts become softer and gradually start changing color & strong smell indicates that it has already started to decompose. We normally use those rotten tomatoes in various food dishes as soon as it becomes softer. But most people also consider its stage of rotting for deciding upon its further use.
If you have landed on this page to find the website called rottentomatoes[dot]com for any movie reviews then I am sorry that you have landed on a wrong page. If it is your case then you can leave this page right now, otherwise continue reading, ha ha.
Rotten tomatoes tips for further use
Make tomato based soups
If you buy perfectly ripe red tomatoes from market and you do not use it within two or three days then it may start being softer, then gradually after few more days it will start being decomposed. So it is a slow process and if tomatoes are little soft that not means it is not eatable or decomposed. So at this stage you can not use it for salad making because it will not taste good if you consume raw tomatoes at this condition. So you make tomato based soup and have it with family members, friends or relatives.
Make tomato sauce
Tomato is a winter vegetable but nowadays it is available throughout the year. So we often buy tomatoes during summer too. Some of those tomatoes are imported from other regions or grow in summer by adopting advanced technology. But most of those tomatoes grow in winter and then keep in cold storage for many months. Such tomatoes can not be kept for longer period at your home after bringing from market. So if you by mistake keep those for longer period then those tomatoes will become softer. It will take some more days to be decomposed. But still when you have such soft tomatoes in your basket then you can use it for making tomato sauce, momos chutney or schezwan sauce.
Keep those for seeds
But once tomatoes start decomposing then you can not eat those, so it would be a better idea if you keep those red colored perfectly ripe tomatoes for collecting seeds to grow your own tomato plants at your own vegetable garden. You can grow those plants in container also. So if you do not have land then do not worry still you can grow those in your balcony or use your roof top to grow vegetable plants in container.
Make organic fertilizer
If you are not interested to grow tomato plants or rotten tomatoes were not perfectly ripe then use those rotten tomatoes to make organic fertilizer. You can use traditional method to make compost or use kitchen compost machine to make compost faster.
Also read :
- Which one is the best microwave oven in India?
- Best espresso coffee machine for your home
- Best mixer grinder in India – Top 5 models
- Which one is your best breakfast sandwich maker?
- Which pop up electric toaster is your favorite from this list
- Buy best hand blenders – Food mixers & blenders guide
- Best blender for smoothies in India
You also do follow some of those tips. Some people also have their own idea to deal with those rotten tomatoes. If you have any such idea then please share with us and let other readers know about that.
Suggested posts :
- Microwave oven price – How much you should spend?
- How to select OTG oven for your kitchen?
- How to choose best refrigerator for home?
- Best refrigerator in India – Which one do you like?
- How to choose best microwave oven for your kitchen?
- Smart way to select pop up bread toaster for your daily need
- How to select best mixer grinder for you?
- How to select best smoothie maker?
- Functions of mixer grinder, Which one is not in your appliance?
- How to choose best kitchen chimney for you? A buying guide
Food hour : You definitely found some tips which are applicable to your situation but now it’s time to have some food. Here is some delicious food for you – usal pav, Malvani poha, south Indian food upma, crispy and soft dahi vada, Maharashtrian misal pav, idli, plain dosa etc.