Incredible! This time it is really incredible! Pumpkin soup? Is it possible that too with roasted tomato? But it is true if you are not believing this, nobody is kidding you. AND one more thing it is really mouth watering, that too comes with a lot of cheese. Still, you are not being able to believe this combination – pumpkin, roasted tomato, and cheese then you must go further and try this roasted tomato pumpkin soup at your home too.
Many people like pumpkin due to its sweetness and unique taste whereas some people just hate it. And they just avoid pumpkin. I hope this is not your situation. Even if you hate pumpkin this it will work like a magic for you because roasted tomato, grated pumpkin, and cheese will create a magical aroma and you will have no option except like this soup. So haters, be ready to start liking pumpkin from now.
From today pumpkin lovers like me will definitely have this roasted tomato pumpkin soup so often. Pumpkin soups are not even available in restaurants. Well, a few number of restaurants may be exceptional in your location but it is not so common soup what is available in any restaurant. But here it comes with unique flavor, roasted tomatoes bring a different burnt smell in this soup and a little bit sour in taste too. If I am not wrong then you must admit that each such item normally acidic in nature and cheese contents huge percentage of fat. We have also heard that acid burns fat, so when we have both two then it creates sensation into our mouth. That is why adding a lot of cheese make this soup super delicious too.
But there is a special part of this soup, and it is nothing but home-grown pumpkin what is used here to make this roasted tomato pumpkin soup with a lot of cheese. Processed cheese is used here and stir to be melted withing hot soup. otherwise, you can use hard cheese which is used to make pizza but I preferred to use this one and secondly I had only that processed cheese, so I added. You can add cheese according to your convenience and taste too.
Apart from tomato, pumpkin, and cheese, here onion, black pepper, coriander powder and salt (of-course it is added, ha ha) are added to bring taste in this soup.
Roasted tomato pumpkin soup recipe
- Pumpkin / kaddu - 50 gm
- Tomato / tamatar - 1 large, roasted
- Onion / pyaz - 1 medium size
- Black pepper / kali mirch - 2 tsp, powder
- Coriander / dhania - 1 tsp,powder
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cheese - 3 tsp, processed
- Water - 2 glasses
- Roast a large size tomato directly on fire or in microwave, then keep it in water and remove its skin and blend in mixie to make smooth puree
- Now take a medium size tomato and again blend it in mixie and make smooth paste, you can even make puree of roasted tomato and onion together
- Now heat oil in a pan or kadai and add tomato puree and onion paste and cook till it releases oil
- Now add grated pumpkin and mix with cooked tomato and onion
- Then spread salt, black pepper and coriander powder over all cooked ingredients and cook a few minutes more
- Pour 2 glasses of water and stir to mix all ingredients and let it start boiling, boil to adjust thickness too
- Once it reaches desired thickness then add cheese and stir to be melted in soup
- Now serve roasted tomato pumpkin soup in your favorite soup bowls
If you are looking for anything else special then you can check these soup recipes – garlic mushroom soup, delicious chickpeas soup, best pasta and potatoes soup, yellow peas soup, roasted tomato soup etc