There is a huge cost involved in any wedding ceremony. Though are many cost factors of a wedding ceremony but three major cost factors are rent for the venue, catering charge and jewelry cost. Here catering charge means nothing but wedding food cost. You can consider jewelry as a one-time investment and it is never gonna devalued. You can even reduce the rent for the venue if you have extra land or you can arrange enough space from your relatives at discount or for free. But it is very difficult to reduce the cost of wedding food because your guests will not be happy with the service. So here your 10 effective tips to reduce wedding food cost without dissatisfying your guests.
Generally, for any wedding ceremony, 25-35% of total budget is reserved wedding food cost. That means if your wedding budget is Rs 10,00,000 then wedding food will cost around Rs 2,50,000 – 3,50,000. This is a general idea of wedding food cost in India. Though things may change based on region and profession of bride and groom or factors related to their family.
10 tips to reduce wedding food cost
- Introduce a new vegetarian item in starter
- Avoid items made of seafood
- Skip bar section, offer only soft drinks
- Close some starter stations sometime after starting dinner
- Introduce a special soft drinks section
- Put large station for salad with various colorful seasonal vegetables and less expensive meat (like chicken)
- Keep a section for snacks, add local snacks as well as other popular snacks
- Offer soups filled with non-vegetarian items and seasonal vegetables
- Contact your caterer few months before wedding ceremony and get some discount
- Discuss with all major caterers in your location and choose the best deal
These are very effective tips to reduce wedding food cost. This will help you to control wedding food cost without dissatisfying your guests. You may also have some more incredible ideas to reduce food cost for marriage reception. So in such case, you are welcome to share your tips in our comment section.
Telugu wedding food menu ideas, Telugu cuisine
Odisha wedding food menu, Orissa food, Odisha cuisine
Wedding gift ideas, Gifts ideas for marriage reception ceremony
Traditional Konkani wedding food ideas, Konkani cuisine
Tamil Marriage food ideas, Tamil wedding food menu
Maharashtrian wedding food ideas, Marathi food menu