As it is said that oat is good for health and oats made meal is quite heavy meal, many people have practice of having a oats bowl every morning. People love it with milk and dry fruits in the morning. Some people also like to have oats in the evening in soup also. Do you belong to that category of people? Then you are at right page. This oats soup with fresh mixed vegetables is really good.
There are many oats haters in this world, they often pick many flavored oats from market Particularly some children do not like oats, so their parent offer them flavored oats. There are a lot of options available in flavor like strawberry, apple etc. But here you need the simple one without any flavor. This soup is not so thick and definitely not a cup with full of oats, so it is quite different from traditional taste of oats.
If you are not cooking regularly, rather you prefer to cook something what you like. Then do not need to worry about. This oats soup with fresh mixed vegetables is very easy to make and you can make it almost effortlessly at anytime. Most of the time people prefer to have oats in milk and for many people it is their favorite breakfast. Because it is delicious, healthy and Boil-Add-Serve kind of food. This oats soup with fresh mixed vegetable is also so delicious and healthy, so why do you not try this today?
This soup is made with a few number of spices (ginger, black pepper powder, roasted coriander powder, green chilies) and some fresh seasonal vegetables. Here this is cooked in winter so some winter vegetables (carrot, green peas, green beans) are added. Winter is always best season for any vegetarian as a lot of fresh vegetables are available during this period. Green beans and green peas will work great with this soup. But you are always free to add any seasonal vegetables of your choice. Lemon juice helps to bring little sour taste in this oats soup but be cautious while adding lemon juice as extra lemon juice may worsen the taste. Oats is not added too much to maintain the thickness and consistency of soup. You can pour this soup in a mug and drink. But in such case you should crush oats before adding into this easy tasty & healthy oats soup. This soup is delicious and looks very simple. It is also very easy to make.
It is delicious, healthy and easy to cook. Best soup ever for those people who like oats and want to live healthy life. So are you ready to make this soup?
Oats soup recipe
- Oats - ⅓ cup
- Green beans - ¼ cup, chopped
- Carrot / gajar - ⅓ cup, chopped
- Green peas / hara matar - ¼ cup
- Ginger / adrak - 2 tsp, grated
- Green chilies / hara mirch - 2 tsp, chopped
- Black pepper / kali mirch - 2 tsp
- Roasted coriander / bhuna dhania powder - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice / nimbu - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1.5 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Water - 2.5 cups
- Fry ginger paste in a cooking pot and also add spices (roasted coriander powder, black pepper powder, green chilies)
- Now add all chopped vegetables (green peas, carrot, green beans) and saute for 4-5 minutes in low fire
- Pour water and boil for another few minutes and add oats, lemon juice, salt one by one and again boil for another 3 minutes and stir
- Now switch off flame and pour soup in cups and serve hot
Are you soup lover? Check some more delicious soups here.