Feeling hungry? Hmmm.. Let’s have something healthy but without sacrificing taste. It will make your day. Right? But will it be easy to cook? At this point we all drop our plan to have something healthy and our enthusiasm is drained out. 🙁 But this mix sprouts recipe or sprouts curry is such a cool dish which healthy and easy to cook also. But….
You can not make it whenever you think unless you buy sprouts directly from shop. But sprouts bought from shop are expensive and it is packaged food. So you may have to buy sprouts more than what you need. Secondly you never know what kind of water they used to make sprouts. So it is better or make sprouts at home.
Use mixed sprouts (moong, masoor, chickpeas, rajma etc) to make mix sprouts curry.
SPROUTS! SPROUTS! SPROUTS! SPROUTS ! 🙂
WHAT IS SPROUT? HOW TO MAKE THIS?
Though we can make sprouts by using sprouts maker but without sprouts maker you can also do this very easily. First you need to wash beans / lentils very carefully. Then take all beans in a bowl and add sufficient water and let beans soak in water for atleast 8-10 hours. Now drain residual water and keep beans for 40-50 hours. Spread some water after 10-12 hours, if beans looks dry. Then after 40-50 hours sprouts will appear.
Mix sprouts recipe, mixed sprouts curry
- Mix sprouts - 1 cup
- Potato - 1 medium size
- Onion / pyaz - 1 large
- Ginger / adrak - 2 tsp (paste)
- Roasted spices powder (equal portions of mustard, cumin, coriander, fenugeek) - 2 tsp
- Red chili / lal mirch powder - 1 tsp
- Green chili / hara mirch - 2
- Turmeric powder / haldi - 1.5 tsp
- coriander leaves - as needed (finely chopped)
- Water - as needed
- Oil - as needed
- Boil potato and cut into small pieces
- Heat oil in a cooking pan and add chopped onion and fry till turns to brown
- Now add ginger paste and salt as needed
- Add all spices one by one (roasted spices powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder) and finely chopped green chilies and mix well
- Now add potatoes and fry for 3-4 minutes
- Then add sprouts and mix with all other ingredients and fry for another - 5-6 minutes
- Now add water as gravy needed and boil for 7-8 minutes and add chopped coriander leaves and stir
- Pour your sprouts curry in a bowl and serve hot
This mix sprouts recipe is very easy and healthy. I like it with rice as well as chapati too.