Mango bar pancake is a great fusion of Indian mango bar (aam papad) and popular western (USA, Britain, Europe etc) food, pancake. If you have never tried mango bar pancakes then you will be definitely surprised with such food magic. Mango bar is added to this popular pancake to bring such mouth-watering taste. But if mango bar is something new to you then you should definitely try this, the taste of this mango bar pancakes won’t disappoint you.
Being a Bengali, I know this food as Aamsotto, whereas it has a different name in different places across the India. In India, everybody knows this sweet food and tasted on different occasions. It is also used in preparing different sweet dishes. Perfectly ripe sweet mango pulp is used to make this mango bar and extracted mango pulp is processed and then sun-dried in village houses or small-scale industries.These are very easily available throughout the year. But people prefer to have this and want to taste during winter when fresh ripe mangoes are not easily available. You can check this wikipedia page to know more about this mango bar (aam papad).
Mango bar (mango fruit leather/aam papad/aamsotto) is also used to make Bengali style fruit chatni. I just like its taste and mouth-watering flavor. I also prefer mango bar when I go for trekking or any other adventurous tour. It gives your energy and it will protect you from dry mouth due to trekking or other physical activities.
In villages or suburban areas where people have mango tree at their places, often use dropped fruit from trees to make such mango bar (aam papad). They actually do this because when a fruit dropped from a tree at a certain height then you can not keep that fruit for a longer period. Even taste of such fruit changes. Mostly such extra ripe dropped fruits are used to prepare mango bar at home. They can store those for several days without any refrigerator.
So if mango bar is such a delicious sweet food then why will it not work with pancakes? It will definitely work. What do you say? I tried it and it was really mouth watering. So if you are looking for bringing taste in your pancakes then it is a great option. Hmmm, only one issue is there and the issue is the availability of mango bar in your location (if you are not residing in India). In such case, you can try to make mango bar at your own place.
Mango bar pancakes recipe
- All-purpose flour - 1 cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Mango bar - 100 gm (30 +35+35)
- Milk - 1 cup
- Egg - 1 (for vegetarian use banana)
- Raisins - ¼ cup
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Oil - ½ tbsp
- Blend milk & 30 gm mango bar to make smoothie, now add this to all purpose flour, sugar, oil & egg and stir to mix, do not make this batter too thin or thick, use little to adjust its thickness
- Now cut rest of mango bar into small pieces and divide into two parts, add one part to the batter, also add raisins and stir to mix in batter
- Heat a cooking pan, add oil & spread across the pan, now pour some batter according to size of pancakes what you need
- Cook both sides of pancake, take in serving plate, now add honey, spread mango bar pieces & raisins and serve