It is always burdensome if you have monthly mobile phone bill, DTH bill, data card bill, credit card, electricity bill, water bill & gas bill to pay and all those bills have different due date to make payment. All these bills need to be paid before due date otherwise you have to pay penalty and interest charges too. But it is almost impossible to meet due date for a normal person unless you are living a strict & disciplined life or you have to pay only one or two bills in a particular month. Some people pay their all bills before earliest due date to avoid penalties. Suppose due dates of your electricity bill and credit card bill are during fourth week of a month your phone bill’s due date is during second week of a month and you are paying all bills during second week when you are paying your phone bill. But some smart people use bill payment platform like BillDesk to get more control in handling multiple bill payments hurdles. Lets check this complete BillDesk review to know more about this.
What is BillDesk?
BillDesk is a online portal or website (property of IndiaIdeas.com Ltd) where its registered customers can make payment of their billers. Customers need to be registered first and set up the billers or payees to whom they want to pay on a schedule date. The schedule date and amount will be fixed by the customers. So they enjoy total control in handling multiple bill payments issues. Customers do not need to have internet banking facility to avail this.
Who can avail BillDesk services?
Any Indian citizen who is 18 years old or above and holding a active bank account in India can avails service offered by BillDesk.
How does BillDesk work?
BillDesk is a great platform to bring billers / payees and customers together and enjoy hassle free payments. For billers it is beneficial as it provides hassle free collection and easy processing of payments. For customers it is beneficial as it provides more control and flexibility on making monthly bill payments.
- Customer needs to register on BillDesk to provide personal information, other information (DoB, Occupation, Billers – Not mandatory at this stage) and login password set up.
- Customer needs to provide bank account details (bank account no, MICR, branch name) to BillDesk. On receiving the same BillDesk will provide enrollment form, payment authorization form and welcome kit to their customers.
- Customer needs to sign those two forms and send a cancelled cheque along with those two forms
After doing those activities customer can avail bill management and payment service and select billers and set schedule payment instructions to make payments towards billers.
Once customers mention the amount and schedule date for making payments, all those payment instructions are given to Bank of Baroda (works as sponsor bank as designated by RBI) to process on schedule date. BoB sends to the Reserve Bank of India National Clearing Cell (NCC) for settlement. After successful settlement customers account will be debited and then billers or payees will receive payments through BillDesk.
BillDesk charges a little fees for these services which is debited from their customer’s account or sends bills for the charges.
Why will you use BillDesk platform? – BillDesk Review
Now readers can understand what BillDesk is and how much effective it is actually. But if you study the BillDesk service in details and note down all the reasons to avail this service (pros) and issues for what you may think about not to avail this (cons) then you will find below points.
- One single platform to pay multiple bills
- More control in bill management and bill payment by setting up schedule date and amount to every biller
- Get emails for new bill and BillDesk also reminds customers about due date of a bill through email
- Password protected customer’s id, 128 bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layers) encryption and firewall protected data base ensure high level of security
- Option to add multiple bank accounts to make payment
- Customers can check bills and get payment proofs any time for one year (after one year of bill date, they need to request BillDesk to provide the same)
- Auto pay facility is also available to customers
- dedicated customer support representatives and option to clarify any query over phone calls or emails
- BillDesk takes 3 to 5 days after “pay on date” to debit amount from customers bank account, so customers have to set date accordingly
- Some billers do not allow BillDesk to accept payment beyond due date
BillDesk’s strategic partnership with billers, banks and other portal or destination sites and easy integration with partner’s site enable better bill presentment and reduce the complexity of bill payment procedures.
I hope this BillDesk review helps you to understand their services and advantages & issues associated with that services. If you ever used such services please share your experience here by leaving a comment.