Mushroom soup? Okay, What do you think about garlic mushroom soup? Did you ever try anything like that? Is it not something extraordinary? More particularly when you have this garlic mushroom soup with cheese toast, it is actually an extraordinary combination. You definitely want to enjoy this combination of soup & cheese toast at your own place too, right? Then keep reading this post.
In some places, mushroom is so popular and so many local people also cultivate mushroom as demand is high. If you go to any city of northern India then you can get mushroom at a cheaper price because people like to eat mushroom in their daily meal, so people grows mushroom locally to meet such high demand. That is why it is available at so lower price. AND that too is available at so fresh and hygienic condition. In Delhi, you can see many vegetable or even food shopkeepers sell mushroom.
But in eastern states it is not so popular, so local people do not grow such thing to meet local demand. Actually, in those states, local demand is so limited. There are only a few people who live in big cities prefer mushroom. So the price for fresh hygienic mushroom is higher as compared to north Indian states. Very few stores sell mushroom, that too mostly departmental stores. Few such departmental stores outside city maintain a very low stock level of mushrooms.
Hmm, okay, coming to the point, you must have tried many soups in your life but how many times did you have this cheese toast? Many people also have had tomato soup with soup-stick and butter. But garlic flavored mushroom soup with cheese toast is really a great combination. I have also discussed the scientific reason behind such great combination of hot & sour soup and cheese toast. you can read this if you are curious about that.
I think you are interested in making this garlic mushroom soup at your own place too but you are thinking that it would too difficult to make this soup at home. But it is actually not so difficult because anybody can make this soup withing 25 minutes, the only thing that you need all ingredients in your kitchen. You just need mushroom (obviously), tomato, ginger, onion, garlic, red chili powder, coriander powder, soy sauce, oil and water as needed. So check these ingredients in your stock and make it so easily. If you want cheese toast along with this soup then buy processed cheese for that purpose.
Garlic mushroom soup recipe
- Mushroom - 1 cup, chopped
- Tomato - 1 medium size, puree
- Ginger / adrak - 1 tsp, paste
- Onion / pyaz - 1 small, finely chopped
- Garlic / lahsun - 6-7 cloves, chopped
- Red chili / lal mirch - 1 tsp, powder
- Coriander - 1 tsp, powder
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Water - 1.5 glasses
- Cut mushrooms into small pieces and saute in oil till it becomes soft then take all fried mushrooms in a bowl
- Now fry chopped garlic pieces and then add ginger & onion and cook till it turns to light brown color
- Then add tomato puree and mix well and cook till it start releases oil
- Now add red chili powder and coriander powder and mix with all ingredients
- Add soy sauce to bring little dark color and nice flavor in soup and add all fried mushrooms too
- Cook all spices for another 2-3 minutes and pour 1.5 glasses of water and let it start boiling
- Adjust thickness of garlic mushroom soup, so boil till you get required thickness of soup
- Switch off fire and pour soup into your favorite soup bowls
Do you want something more then try some other soups also, here are some soup recipes for you – yellow peas soup, roasted tomato soup, special mushroom pasta soup, green mango soup etc.