Saucy potato salad is simply different from any other salad. It is a very easy to make dish. You can consider it for snack or even for a meal. Here you are not using hot boiled potatoes, so many people will not prefer this but here hot spicy sauce is used that makes it mouth watering and DESI too.
I personally like any salad as it is fresh, less spicy and healthy. It works great at any time of a day and any time means just anytime. I enjoyed this in breakfast, evening snacks and side dish for dinner too.
In Bengal, people usually enjoy a particular potato salad which is popular as aloo kabuli. It is very spicy and super delicious. Here cucumber, onion and chick peas are also added along with boiled potatoes. Most of the people in Bengal fall in love with aloo kabuli since their childhood and they continue it till for years. So every people from 8-80 years preferred this so much. But here this saucy potato salad is absolutely different and no other raw vegetables are used here.
Boiled potatoes are refrigerated and served with strong hot & spicy sauce. So it is really a deadly combination of refrigerated potatoes and hot spicy sauce. Add those and toss, that’s it, DONE. If you prefer little sweetness in salad then you can add one tea spoon of honey here and enjoy.
Garnish this salad with fresh cream and chopped coriander leaves.
Saucy potato salad recipe
- Potaoes - 2 medium size
- For preparing sauce
- Tomato puree - 1 tbsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 2 tsp
- Red chili powder - 2 tsp
- Soya sauce - 1.5 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Salt -as need
- For garnishing
- Fresh cream - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped - as needed
- Boil potatoes and cut into small pieces, rest for 5 minutes in normal temperature then keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Heat butter in a sauce pan and add all ingredients for sauce one by one and mix properly
- Now pour that sauce on potato pieces and mix properly
- Garnish it with fresh cream and chopped coriander leaves
- That's it! Your saucy potato salad is ready
Some more dishes – vegetable soups, banana pudding, ghugni etc.