Easy lentil soup! What does all its name tell you? This is mainly made of lentils and very easy to cook. I think that much information you have already received when you read the title of this post. So many of you are interested to know more about this food. What are the other ingredients added? Is it spicy or not? How does it look? Is it delicious or not?
I think, most of you are annoyed due to asking too many questions. But don’t worry I am not expecting any answer from you because I have just written exact present psychological position of my readers. But if such queries do not come in your mind then I won’t claim it as a miracle, haha. I mean, you have definitely have tried many other kinds of lentils soup earlier. So you have less interest in such easy lentil soup. Or you simply do not like any lentil soup because you are hardcore non-vegetarian. So you did not find anything interesting in this soup. Okay, I have done enough insults of this easy lentil soup. The intention was simply because I want only hardcore soup lovers to stay with me and read further.
A few days back I made my favorite potato oatmeal soup with tomatoes, onion, and spices. I have also shared that story also. That was very delicious and anybody can consider it as a proper meal too. Yesterday I made this easy lentil soup. And undoubtedly it was super delicious. If you are vegetarian or prefer lentils curry or soup then you definitely like this. Taking snaps of this easy lentil soup was very difficult due to light issue. Picture quality would be better if I would try to take snaps under the sun. But I had no time and I did not want to store in the refrigerator for taking snaps next day noon under the sun. So I took pictures of those with all light issues and finally found some pictures what can be considered to share on this post.
This easy lentil soup will take hardly 30 minutes to make. You just need a few number of ingredients like red lentils, red chili, onion, asafoetida, green chili, turmeric powder, salt, and oil. Use coriander leaves for garnishing.
Easy lentil soup recipe
- Red lentil / masoor dal - ½ cup
- Red chili / lal mirch - 2 pieces, whole
- Onion / pyaz - 1 medium size, chopped
- Tomatoes / tamatar - 2 small size, chopped
- Asafoetida / hing - pinch of
- Green chili / hara mirch - 1
- Turmeric powder / haldi - 1 tsp,
- Oil - 1.25 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Water - 1.5 cup
- Coriander leaves / dhania patta - 2 branch, for garnishing
- Heat oil in a cooking pot and add red chili, green chili and finely chopped onion, now saute those for 2-3 minutes
- Then add asafoetida and chopped tomatoes, cook those for another 2 to 3 minutes
- Now add turmeric powder and then red lentil and fry for next 3 minutes, lentils turn slightly darker in color
- Now add salt as needed and pour one and a half cups of water and boil till lentils are cooked, boil further if needed to adjust thickness of soup
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with coriander leaves, then serve hot
You can add whole cumin seeds here if you prefer, here cumin seeds are not used to cook this soup
So do you like to try this easy lentil soup at home or you will prefer to try some other vegetarian soup recipes.