Crispy vegetable soup? How is it possible? Nah! Never! It should be either crispy vegetable or vegetable soup. But crispy vegetable soup can not be possible. Are you thinking this way? Then you are wrong and yes you have read this name correctly but if you did not make it at home and not yet have this soup then you can not understand the logic behind such naming of this soup.
If you fry flour in butter then you will see color will change from white to yellow and then dark reddish color. If you burn it little more then it will look like sand and while you will stir you can feel it. But here you will not fry it that much just fry it in butter till it turns to little yellow or brown. Sometimes we also use corn flour or wheat flour in butter to make the cheese sauce. Here I did it to make vegetable little crispy and crunchy. The vegetable will be cooked in buttery fried corn flour, so you do not need to boil it for a longer period.
Add corn flour very carefully and do not fry it too much otherwise it will taste bitter. I have also tasted similar soup in a restaurant, but I did not like that so much rather this crispy vegetable soup is far better than that.
Here I have added some particular seasonal vegetables but you are free to add any other seasonal vegetables what you like.
The crispy vegetable is absolutely different from any other normal soup bowls which people often have at restaurants or at home. So you can try it to try something new and most importantly it is little thick and not a light soup like other, so if you want have this just before dinner or lunch then it may kill your hunger. So most I would recommend you to have this little early and enjoy this crispy vegetable soup fullest. I would suggest you fry corn flour in butter but if you do not like butter then fry it in refined oil or in sunflower oil.
Crispy vegetable soup recipe
- Corn flour - 2 tsp
- Black pepper / kali mirch powder - 1.5 tsp
- Green onion - 4-5 pieces (chopped)
- Cauliflower / pholl gobi - ½ cup (chopped)
- Green peas - ¼ cup
- Carrot / gajar - ¼ cup (chopped)
- Green beans - 7-8 pieces (chopped)
- Salt - as needed
- Butter - 1.5 tbsp
- Water - as needed
- Heat butter in a pan and wait till butter is melted totally
- Now add corn flour in that pan and stir continuously, do not allow it to get burnt too much
- When it turns to light yellow then add all chopped vegetables and mix with corn flour and fry again for 5 minutes
- Now add add black pepper powder & salt according to taste and mix with all vegetables
- Now add water and leave it to start boiling, boil it in high flame for 5-6 minutes
- Switch off flame and pour tasty crispy vegetable soup in your favorite bowl and enjoy
You are free to use any available seasonal vegetables to make this soup
Do not add extra butter as when you add water it will float in water which may not works great for this soup. If you like extra butter flavor then can add extra butter.
Check some more delicious soup. Do want to try something else? Then try paneer kofta, paneer do pyaza, palak paneer (paneer dish made with spinach puree), sweet paneer curry, usal pav etc.