So are you facing problem to clean your pop up toaster? Then you are at right page. Maintenance of any appliance is always very essential to maintain performance. But when it is about electrical appliance and that too for preparing food then you should take it very seriously. If you are not serious about this problem that means you are taking risk of your health and life too.
Selection of a bread toaster is always tricky, but many people just buy any kitchen appliance within his budget and become unhappy. Many people not even aware about its all features, so they do not show any enthusiasm and they just are using it. But once you show enthusiasm to know all about its features and how you can use it & maintain its performance then you will find it interesting.
Why should you clean bread toasters?
Cleaning or proper maintenance is a good practice, not only for maintaining performance of a product but also it is always important for your health and life.
If you do not do regular cleaning or maintenance of your electrical appliances then –
- Your favorite appliance can do malfunctioning or stop working very soon
- Bread crumb residual and other things will be accumulated at bottom. So this will be highly unhygienic
- Chances of getting unwanted electric shock due to damaged insulation of electric wire and other parts
So what you should do now. Find the answers of all these questions related to this essential kitchen appliance?
- Which parts would be effected most after regular usage?
- Which parts can be cause of unwanted sparking and electrical current leakage?
- Which parts come under direct contact with bread?
- Which parts are exposed to environment and more possibilities of dirt accumulation?
If you have answers of those questions then you can understand what to do.
If you are not aware about features of this kitchen appliance, then you should know that before moving ahead. I hope that you have selected right toaster for you and if not then be informed and take smart decision at the time of your next purchase.
Okay, now coming to the point for what I have discussed all above things.
How to do cleaning and maintenance of a bread toaster?
See toaster needs a regular cleaning and thorough cleaning once in a week or fortnightly (if weekly not possible)
Regular Cleaning :
- After every use of bread toaster, you must turn your toaster upside down to remove the bread crumbs. So you need to shake toaster to ensure maximum removal of crumbs.
- Clean the electric wire and body of toaster with a dry cloth after every use
Weekly Cleaning :
Make this task your weekend fun otherwise you mostly skip this weekly cleaning activity. But never postpone this cleaning activity for two consecutive weekends as it will be unhygienic.
Do this task one hour later after using toaster
- Remove the crumb tray from toaster for proper cleaning. Clean bread crumbs by using dry cloth and lemon juice. You can use soap and wet cloth but in such case you have to ensure that the tray is perfectly dry before attaching with toaster. You may keep that aside for 2 hours for completely drying the crumb tray and then attach it again with bread toaster. But in case crumb tray is permanently attached with toaster then you need to follow first task of your regular cleaning activities.
- Use a long leg cleaning brush (you can use cheap tooth brush too 🙂 ) to clean inside of the slice slots of that.
- Clean outer side of toaster body with a dry cloth. In most cases bread-toaster body covered with dirt resistant plastic material. So cleaning with a dry cloth is sufficient. You can use lemon juice or vinegar for cleaning if it is built with stainless steel.
I hope this post may helpful to you. This is the most effective way of bread toaster cleaning as per my knowledge. If you do cleaning another way and that results better performance and life of your appliance then share your experience here by leaving your valuable comment.
image-source amazon india