We simply can’t live without microwave oven. Most of you will admit my words too. So we should take care of it and clean microwave oven regularly. But sometime we find it is very difficult to remove a mark or stain by rubbing that with dishtowel. You must have wasted long hours in cleaning of microwave oven, still you are not satisfied with result. If you are at same situation then you are at right article.
Methods to clean microwave oven
You just need lemon or vinegar for cleaning microwave oven and a dishtowel (or sponge) to wipe that. It will take hardly 10 min to complete the task.
Okay, now telling you the method :
- Take a microwave safe bowl and a cup of water within it
- Pour 3 or 4 table spoons of lemon juice or a few table spoons of vinegar
- Keep that bowl inside your microwave oven and close the door
- Start microwave at highest power level for 3 to 5 min
- Wait for another few min and let steam work inside microwave
- After that, open the door and remove all removable parts inside microwave
- Now wipe microwave oven with towel or dry sponge
- Rub with towel or sponge over stain (if any) and it will remove very easily
- Keep all removables placed correctly inside microwave
- Your job is done 😀
In some modern microwave oven, there is a preset option (you do not need to set temperature and time) to clean microwave. You just need to keep bowl inside it with lemon and water and press that button.
Strong odor inside microwave oven is another critical problem because such strong odor can spread in other food too. So there is also a button for deodorizing microwave in some microwave oven. Though when you are cleaning it with lemon, then lemon’s strong odor will kill any odor inside it to some extent. If odor is too strong then you can add little more lemon juice otherwise lemon juice will definitely kill any kind of odor.