Sandwiches are very common street food in major metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai etc and each city has it’s own taste & preference. If you will go in Mumbai, then you will come to know that how popular Bombay sandwich is. It has it’s own specialty. You have never tasted such sandwich, whereas sandwiches available at road side stalls in Delhi have different taste. Mostly you will find aloo tikki sandwiches in Delhi street food stalls. So here you can try carrot sandwich or gajar tikki sandwich which is different and very tasty too.
Carrot sandwich is crunchy outside & soft inside. It is spicy, buttery but healthy too. Carrot, cucumber, onion, tomatoes are used to make carrot sandwich.
Sandwich maker will definitely help you to make this more convenient way but if you do not have sandwich maker then nothing to worry because you can make carrot sandwich without sandwich maker too.
- For carrot / gajar tikki
- Carrot / gajar - 250 gm
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp
- Ginger / adrak - ½ inch (grated)
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1.5 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- For sandwich
- Bread slices - 8 pieces
- Butter - 8 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 4 tsp
- Red chili flakes - 4 tsp
- Cucumber slices - 16
- Tomato slices - 8
- Onion slices - 8
- Mix all ingredients for carrot or gajar tikki and shape in tikki (4 pieces) and bake in oven for 12-15 minutes
- Then take out all tikki and fry in cooking pan in oil and make outer side crunchy
- Place bread slices on tawa or in toaster for 20-30 seconds but do not make it too much crunchy
- Then add butter on both pieces of breads for each sandwich,
- Add tomato sauce, put 1 carrot/ gajar tikki, 4 cucumber slices, 2 onion slices, 2 tomato slices over a bread slice
- Now spread black pepper powder, red chili flakes and put another bread slice over it
- Put it in a sandwich maker or put it on hot tawa (if you do not have sandwich maker) to make sandwich
- When butter melts, bread turns to light brown, remove from tawa or sandwich maker and serve hot
Carrot sandwich or gajar tikki sandwich is different in taste than any other sandwiches. Try this at home.
If you like to try some more snacks or starters then I would suggest you to check aloo chaat, vada pav, cheesy vegetable bread roll, paneer cheese roll etc. All these snacks are very easy to make and delicious too.