Ice cream is favorite dessert of many people since childhood. But still there are some exceptional people who do not like ice cream or avoid this due to health issue. But you are not belong to those category and that’s why you are here. Right? So what is your onion on caramel ice cream? Have you ever tasted this? Did you ever make this at home? Mostly caramel is used as ice cream toppings and just spread this over a scoop of ice cream. But here you can try something different.
Caramel is sweet & slightly bitter in taste. It has slightly burn flavor too. But if you heat sugar little more time to make caramel, then sometime it turns to very dark and bitter in taste. So you have to be conscious when you are heating up sugar to make caramel. Caramel is used in various food and various purpose. We are familiar with caramel popcorn, caramel sweets, caramel ice cream etc. I hope that you have tried atleast one of those.
This caramel ice cream recipe is very easy. No egg is used here and all these ingredients are available in all local markets too. Even you do not need to buy anything for this ice cream. Almost every household maintain a monthly inventory of its ingredients except fresh cream what you may need to buy separately.
- Sugar - ⅔ cup
- Milk - 2 cups
- Milk powder - ½ cup
- Fresh cream - ½ cup
- Cashew nuts - 15 pieces
- Raisins/ kishmish - 20-25 pieces
- Vanilla flavor - few drops
- Boil 2 cups of milk and keep warm milk in a bowl , add milk powder and wait to drop temperature
- Heat a saucepan and add 3-5 tsp sugar to make caramel
- Add that caramel in bowl and mix with milk
- Now stir continuously and add sugar (residual), vanilla flavor, fresh cream too
- Now add cashew nuts (roasted) pieces and kishmish / raisins
- Keep it in bowl or tray and place in freezer for 7 to 8 hours
- Now your caramel ice cream is ready
⇒ Do not make too much caramel to add in ice cream as it taste little bitter but its flavor & taste work great with vanilla flavor. So use only 3 to 5 tea spoons sugar to make caramel and use few drops of vanilla flavor to create a mouth watering flavor
⇒ Add caramel in milk as soon as possible otherwise caramel will get harden after few minutes