Beetroot soup is very colorful and delicious soup. It is healthy too. You will definitely like to have this beetroot soup before lunch or dinner. Color of this soup is awesome, so bright and soothing. Preparation of this soup is not so difficult and anybody can make this soup at home. You just need little liking in cooking and managing few minutes from your busy schedule.
Do you like soups?
Then find some other soups too – veg manchow soup, cabbage soup, very tasty and thick mixed veg soup with butter, easy to make hot tomato soup with momos chutney, very special crispy veg soup with corn flour, delicious mushrooms soup with scrambled paneer, extra spiced carrot soup for all carrot lovers, nice sweet soup for all with ripe tomatoes and tapioca pearls etc.
I have tried beetroot recipe at so many places. Many restaurants across India also offer this beetroot soup. Taste of beet root soups at those restaurants are different. Many restaurants offer very thick beetroot soup what I never liked. They actually keep beet root pulp in that soup to make it thick. But it is very heavy. So if you want to try such soup just before having meal then it will not work as after having such thick beet root soup you will no longer hungry. Ha ha. So if you want to try such soup then have it two or three hours early of your meal or have only small quantity of beetroot soup. I am saying you this because few years back I tried beetroot soup in Mumbai, India and it was so delicious little spicy and dark colored thick beet root soup. I liked it so much but I never thought I was going to make a big mistake. So I did and finally I could ate more than one tandoori roti and I was full. I wasted so many food what I ordered that time. It broke the myth that soup does not kill hunger rather it increases hunger if you have soup before meals.
Here some other vegetables (tomato, carrot, green peas and onion) are added along with beetroot to make this beetroot soup more healthy. Spices (roasted cumin powder, roasted coriander powder, black pepper powder) are added to make it more delicious and to bring Indian flavor. This soup is very light soup, vegetable pulp is separated from soup. So filter this before serving and serve only vegetable extracts with lemon juice and black salt. If you do not want to waste vegetable pulp then keep it in soup (not preferred) or use that vegetable pulp for making tasty deep fried pakoda. Once you have prepared this beetroot soup then you will definitely like the color of this soup.
Beetroot soup recipe
- Beetroot - 1 small size
- Tomato / tamatar - 1 small size
- Carrot / gajar - 1.5 inch size
- Green peas / hara matar - 25 gm
- Onion / pyaz - 1 small size
- Roasted cumin / bhuna jeera powder - 1 tsp
- Roasted coriander / buna dhania powder - 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder / kali mirch - 2 tsp
- Black salt - as needed
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Water 2.5 cups
- Saute grated beet root in a pan with butter for few minutes, also add roasted cuimin & coriander powder and keep aside for further use
- Now boil tomato, carrot, green peas and onion and rest it for 5 mins to cool and blend in mixer grinder to make puree
- Now add this puree and fried beetroot in a wok and boil in water for 10 minutes
- Now filter this to separate vegetable pulp from soup (optional)
- Add black pepper powder, black salt and lemon juice and mix properly
- Pour beetroot soup in serving bowl and serve hot
Did you ever try any other dishes in beetroot? Which one your favorite beetroot dish? Please share your favorite dish here by leaving a comment below.