Most of us like pudding. It is a very delicious dessert item and nobody with good health and mind can’t say that he or she does not like pudding. 🙂 In India many people have wrong idea about pudding, they think they never tasted pudding, it might be something like cake. But we all Indians also have eaten pudding too. Actually pudding can be made of many things, what we know as payasam, kheer or payes that is actually called as rice pudding. There are so many different versions of such pudding like banana pudding, chocolate pudding etc. Have you ever tried banana pudding? It’s is really awesome in taste and very very easy to make.
Banana pudding is simply too good, you need just few minutes for cooking and then keep your pudding in refrigerator for few hours. If you like rice pudding then you will definitely like this pudding too. Maintaining thickness of pudding is very important. So when you will boil milk by adding all purpose wheat and blended banana one by one, always check the thickness of it. Stopped boiling when it becomes thick and sticky with your spoon then you can consider it is done. If you still want to boil to make it more thicker according to your choice then you can go ahead. Crushed peanuts work great with this kind of banana pudding. You can also add raisins as much as you want. Put some banana slices over your pudding bowls before keeping in refrigerator. When you will serve, add hot honey (take one table spoon honey and 1-2 tea spoon water and heat for one two minutes and stir continuously) over that pudding and serve.
Banana pudding recipe
Cooking time : 15 mins Preparation time : 2 hours
- Banana / kela- 1 large
- All purpose wheat / maida - ¼ cup
- Milk - 2.5 cups
- Peanuts - 1 tbsp (crushed)
- Raisins / kishmish - 30-40
- Sugar - ⅓ cup
- Vanilla flavor - 1-2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Boil milk and add all purpose wheat (or maida) and stir continuouslyand boil for 3-4 mins
- Now blend one banana and add to milk and stir, so that it will be mixed with wheat too and boil for another 5 mins
- Now you add crushed peanuts and raisins
- Now you have little thick mixture, so be ready with sugar powder to add
- After adding sugar you need to boil for 3-4 mins again
- Add few drops of vanilla flavor and stir properly and boil to adjust thickness of your banana pudding
- Once done, then pour in serving bowls and rest for 10 mins in normal temperature
- Now put 2-3 slices of banana on the top and keep in refrigerator for 4-5 hours (or in freezer 1.5 hours)
- Now take out from refrigerator or freezer and adjust temperature
- Now in a small stainless steel bowl add honey and 1-2 tsp water and heat for 1 mins
- Now pour hot honey on the top of your pudding and serve
So did you like this banana pudding? Have you tried this dessert?