Aloo chaat is a popular North Indian snack. Local food vendors sell aloo chaat from road side stalls. People from all ages like this street food very much, kids also prefer this spicy aloo chaat. It’s very crispy and spicy. In North India, particularly in Delhi it is so popular and usually fried in butter.
Many people have this during vrat or religious fasting. You can make this food at your home also. It is so easy to make and all ingredients are always available in any normal household in India.
Many people prefer to have aloo chat with green chutney (pudina & curd sauce) and red sweet (tamarind & date) chutney. But there are some people who love to have this without any of those chutneys. So you can try both ways and check which one you like most and tell us about that by leaving a comment below.
Aloo chaat recipe
Prep time : 10 mins Cook time : 20 mins Total time : 30 mins
- Potatoes - 2 medium size
- Black pepper powder - 2 tsp
- Red chili / lala mirch powder - 1 tsp
- Green chili / hara mirch - 2-3 (chopped) - optional
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Black salt / kali namak - ⅕ tsp
- Salt / namak - 1 tsp
- Chat masala - 2 tsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Boil potatoes in water and peel its skinand cut potatoes in small bite size pieces
- Heat butter in a cooking pot / kadai and add all potato pieces
- Fry all potato pieces till color turns light brown
- Now take all potatoes in a big bowl and add all spices, salt and lemon juice and mix well
This is a very tasty and quick recipe. Mostly people like this very much. But if you are looking for some more Indian snacks then check these also – vada pav, cheesy vegetable bread roll, paneer cheese roll, easy cheesy veg burger, cheese garlic bread, magic soy granules with noodles, Mumbai style pav bhaji, dahi vada etc.